POLL: What would you pay for GOOGLE?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Noriaki
Nothing.

I use Google like 3 times a week.

I've never used the Image Search.
I have no idea what Google Groups are...

It's just not worth paying for the amount I use.

I'd find a different search engine.

altavista 0wns and what he said ^^^

-=bmacd=-

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Utterman
I wouldn't mind paying between 5-10 bucks for how much I use it. I highly doubt that google will charge for their searching services since they are run by Pigeons

lol...i've never seen that before. Pretty funny

-=bmacd=-

geoff2k

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2000
I've been using google since the beginning... I haven't collected any stats from my proxy server, but I'd guess I do at least 50 google queries a day -- half web, half groups.

Most of the programming problems in the world (and bad API documentation, bugs, etc.) have been solved and posted to google groups... why not use this great resource?

rubix

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
not only would i pay nothing for google, i would pay nothing for anything webage related. if you pay for webpage related services you are just encouraging it to happen more and more and soon every news page, review page, games page (already happening), forum, etc will all charge money. the internet is being taken over by companies who can care less about the internet, they just want money. the internet was fine before every dumb ass company came here. things were so much better in 1996 when i first came on. now its all ads, banners, popups, dumb ass pictures, animated gifs, and uselessly slow and buggy java/flash crap.

austin316

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
can someone explain exactly what google groups is and how they work.

<-------------------- Would pay about $15 a year. At least 5 google searches a day.

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
I would use Yahoo and tell google to shove it shove it shove Deftones - my own summer

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
Originally posted by: austin316
can someone explain exactly what google groups is and how they work.

<-------------------- Would pay about $15 a year. At least 5 google searches a day.

The useful part os usenet since '95 or so.