Poll: What makes you more hungover?

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
For me, beer. I used to drink shots of vodka only and I would feel fine in the morning even though I was trashed the night before. I'm sure the koolade I used to chase all night helped but even drinking a couple glasses of water doens't help me a whole lot during a night of lotsa beer. But I only like beer now, and I hate hangovers.

isaacmacdonald

Platinum Member
Jun 7, 2002
well, don't know about hungover (haven't had one many years), but there's nothing that makes me nauseous like beer. It's just so voluminous.

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
The worst (and first) hangover I've ever had in my life was from beer. or at least, a beer-like drink. *shudder*

I've drank so many times on hard liquor and never had a problem even though I got sh1tfaced. never had more than a little headache the next morning. compared to the traumatizing experience that was my first hangover..

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Cheap wine. And malt beverages like smirnoff and the like.

UHG!

GhettoBlaster

Dec 1, 2000
When I mix beer and hard liqour, its all downhill from there. I was at a party a couple weeks ago, had 4 or 5 beers then someone broke out some rum. I fixed a very stout rum&coke. It hit the fan, yay for dry heaves!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: GhettoBlaster
When I mix beer and hard liqour, its all downhill from there. I was at a party a couple weeks ago, had 4 or 5 beers then someone broke out some rum. I fixed a very stout rum&coke. It hit the fan, yay for dry heaves!

Bleh! bleeeeeh! bleckkkkkkkkk!

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
on the 4th, i took about 7-8 shots (a couple were doubles) of Casadores Tequila. I had to work the next day, and I wasnt hung over, but my stomach was upset andi dry heaved a couple of times. i can drink it still, but the smell of it is a good reminder of that night.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: vi_edit

UHG!

Smirnoff makes malt beverages? :confused:

Are you talking about Ice? Because that's not a malt beverage at all.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: hdeck
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis

UHG!

dude http://www.smirnoffice.com/ title = "Premium Malt Beverage"

Yeh, all those fruity "premium" drinks based off of big name liquor companies are malt drinks...Bacardi silver, smirnoff ice/triple black, jack hard cola, doc otis, mikes hard lemonade, ect.

Malt liquor just hits me hard.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: hdeck
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis

UHG!

dude http://www.smirnoffice.com/ title = "Premium Malt Beverage"

we're in texas, its beer.

anyway, its not drinking lots of water.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Yeah, I like wine...but it can start to give me a headache after only two glasses or so. So wine more than anything, but have never drank enough of it at one time to get trashed.

As for beer vs. liquor...either/or. Smirnoff ice and the like are worse about giving headaches immediately after drinking, but so long as you down two advil and chug a cup or two of water before sleeping, you'll never wake up with a hang over again.

At least that's how it works for me.