• Dfa - Hot summer Continental - Chicago

• Dfb - Warm summer Continental - Ottawa

• Dfc - Subarctic Continental - Fairbanks/Murmansk

• E - Polar and Alpine - Mount Washington / Iqaluit

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I'm about to move to Missouri and I'm leaving behind a hot and humid climate for a slightly less hot and humid climate. I've been thinking about comfortable climates lately and I've come to the conclusion that I should just move to Alaska and be done with it. I enjoy the cold and hate humidity.

How about you?

Koppen Climate Classification

Last edited:

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
We have two seasons here: boiling hot and obscenely muggy, or freezing cold and lip shattering dry. I'm not a huge fan of either.

I prefer it warm-hot, moderate humidity. Was like that when I was in Cuba last winter. Perfect weather.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Probably cool and wet. My perfect year would be Ireland for 8 months, and Norway for 4 months.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Here are the averages for where I live:

histGraphNormals

I love everything about living here except the politics and the weather.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
They say that the nice thing about Missurruh is that if you don't like the weather all you have to do is wait a couple hours. They say that about all the Midwestern states, and that's fairly accurate.

Having spent more time than I would care to admit in Texas and Texas' hat, I can safely say that I prefer to not live south of MO. I'd probably really like the mountainous parts of Colorado, etc, since I don't care for heat or humidity either, but the overall climate of Missouri is fairly nice and all that time down south has left me weak to real cold weather.

Last edited:

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Warm summer Continental, I guess. I've never lived in anything else.
"Dry/Semi-Arid - Low precipitation cool" does sound nice though.

I prefer something more along the lines of "Technologically-stabilized temperature and humidity" - indoor climate control. ;)
Dry and a bit cooler in the summer, and dry and warm in the winter.
Humidity: Dry, though not quite to the point of desiccating my eyeballs to crisp husks in under 5 seconds.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
You know, if they had a grocery store, high speed internet, and a few decent restaurants, I could live on Mt. Washington.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Out of your poll choices Temperate/SF ... rather fond of New England though and don't see that as an option.

Mixolydian

Lifer
Nov 7, 2011
gilramirez.net
Right where I am. We get just about everything on the climate spectrum here.

I could never live in a place where the weather is the same every day. (PNW - rain, Cali - sun, FL - humid, etc.)

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
Dfb. Cold winters with 120" + of snow. Summers that aren't too warm, except for short stretches. I do think the summers, and winters, could both stand to be ten degrees cooler.

It appears Dfc might be more to my liking. Most cooler places would get less annual snow fall than central NY though.

Last edited:

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Denver. Love the sunny days and low humidity, without being too hot. You also have all four seasons. Proximity to the mountains also means you can change your climate pretty dramatically with a short drive.

I do miss the rain and the green of the northeast sometimes, but all it takes is a week-long visit where it does nothing but stay overcast and piss down rain for me to get over it.

WhoBeDaPlaya

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
Came from the tropics, but MUCH prefer the cold.
You can only get so naked when it's hot out