Poll: Was the creation of the Jan 6 select committee legitimate?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Is the select committee on the Jan 6 insurrection legitimate?

• Total voters

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Not really, 147 elected officials didn't agree with and tried to help the mob at Benghazi but at the attack of the US capitol they fired them up, sent them there to fight, were prepared and standing by to subvert democracy in the chamber by voting not to elect Biden president.

If 147 elected democrats had supported the troops attacking the building in Benghazi and wanted to overturn an election to institute Hillary as Queen it would have been a better comparison.
You're getting deeper into the issue, where the picture in a few sentences demonstrates the sheer hypocrisy.

Obviously anyone who is able to objectively observe reality can tell that the Republican Party is a treasonous terrorist group. But we don't live in a country where more than 40% of the population objectively observes reality, so you gotta go real fuckin' slow with most of the population.

Jul 9, 2009
So why hasn't the R leader done his job correctly?
Blame and consequences go where they belong. You do not get to whitewash any of this ever so fuck right off with your bullshit faux concern garbage you fucking willfully ignorant unamerican traitor c*nt!
triggered : )

Jul 9, 2009
Where we differ is that I don't see this as a "credible threat to democracy". As I've said here several times, my scout troop could have planed and executed a better operation. This was clown collage warfare, stupid people reacting without thinking. They had no firepower, they had no defined plan, they had no exit strategy, they had a vague goal that was never achievable. They not only didn't hide their faces, they took selfies and posted them on the web.
That's why the majority of them are being charged with petty crimes, because what they did was a petty crime.
You could search any condo complex or apartment building in this country and find more arms then this so called "armed insurrection" had on them. What did they find? 2? 3?

Jul 9, 2009
I think this picture sums it up nicely.

192369328_10225782739860861_579090033323569633_n.jpg
4 Americans murdered in Benghazi, 0 people murdered in the Capitol protests..

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
You could search any condo complex or apartment building in this country and find more arms then this so called "armed insurrection" had on them. What did they find? 2? 3?

So, dumbfuck, when you rant about gun control anything and inject people can be and are armed and just as dangerous with knives, pipes, spears as they are with guns, so why should guns be classified as any different a weapon, I guess you're being dishonest....or is you're being dishonest now?

Your dumbfuck dishonesty, totally willful, is just astounding. But then again, you're our tajjy. Grenade the tunnels all the way, baby!!!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Pipe bombs.

You don't have a problem with the insurrection except the number of weapons? What's the matter not enough dark people for you to care?

The question for this thread what problem do you have with the formation of this select committee?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
So, dumbfuck, when you rant about gun control anything and inject people can be and are armed and just as dangerous with knives, pipes, spears as they are with guns, so why should guns be classified as any different a weapon, I guess you're being dishonest....or is you're being dishonest now?

Your dumbfuck dishonesty, totally willful, is just astounding. But then again, you're our tajjy. Grenade the tunnels all the way, baby!!!

We’d probably be doing better in the Olympics if we sent these righty traitors, their mental gymnastics to excuse away personal responsibility is top tier!

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Not only are you a shitbag because you want to shoot and grenade immigrants, you're also a shitbag because you support treason against the US government by default as a Republican.

So, if nothing else, you're a consistent shitbag.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Where we differ is that I don't see this as a "credible threat to democracy". As I've said here several times, my scout troop could have planed and executed a better operation. This was clown collage warfare, stupid people reacting without thinking. They had no firepower, they had no defined plan, they had no exit strategy, they had a vague goal that was never achievable. They not only didn't hide their faces, they took selfies and posted them on the web.
That's why the majority of them are being charged with petty crimes, because what they did was a petty crime.

It seems clear that the person who sent them was hoping for more, huh?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So because it was planned poorly that makes it less of an insurrection? A poorly planned bank robbery get you as much time as a well. If you try to kill you spouse with poison but she lived because you got the cocktail wrong you still get the same jail time.

Are you sure your sympathy for insurrectionists aren't because of who they are. Are you trying to tell us your opinion would be the same if it were a bunch of Muslims?

How many dead Democrats would it have taken to change your opinion? Double digits?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The great thing about fighting stupid people is that it's easy to win.
Even the greatest of Samurai warriors, I am told, who could not be beaten even by being surrounded would eventually fall from exhaustion. One can't win against stupid large numbers. But I don't look at conservatives as stupid. I am sure there are large numbers of them vastly smarter than me. What I think you are calling stupid is actually arrogance. I think their sense of entitlement, that Trump couldn't have lost the election, having lived their lives among hive minds, gave them a feeling of certainty sufficient to justify the notion they were overthrowing a corrupt and dishonest government. And of course the Republican party was and is only to happy to put those thoughts in their minds. Unfortunately, there is a limit to how much arrogant lawless out of ignorance it can forgive. They will, of course play the victim instead of blaming the one who set them up out of his deep and childish mental illness.

Democrats will probably fail to do much to teach future generations to be cautious about how they behave because somebody might call them mean.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I can understand why you have the Benghazi thingi. If you couldn't both sides an issue you would have to look at yourself. You need to believe the 'other side' is evil because by your standards that is what you are. Too bad you don't know that your standards are wrong. Remember what Jesus said to God about the people who murdered Him, forgive them for they know not what they do. Too bad you can't feel forgiven. I think you would be a happier person if you could. We always see in the other the self we can't see in ourselves which is why a good way to learn to forgive yourself is to start by forgiving them.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Even the greatest of Samurai warriors, I am told, who could not be beaten even by being surrounded would eventually fall from exhaustion. One can't win against stupid large numbers. But I don't look at conservatives as stupid. I am sure there are large numbers of them vastly smarter than me. What I think you are calling stupid is actually arrogance. I think their sense of entitlement, that Trump couldn't have lost the election, having lived their lives among hive minds, gave them a feeling of certainty sufficient to justify the notion they were overthrowing a corrupt and dishonest government. And of course the Republican party was and is only to happy to put those thoughts in their minds. Unfortunately, there is a limit to how much arrogant lawless out of ignorance it can forgive. They will, of course play the victim instead of blaming the one who set them up out of his deep and childish mental illness.

Democrats will probably fail to do much to teach future generations to be cautious about how they behave because somebody might call them mean.
Quality beats quantity, but quantity has a quality all it's own.
Whatever the reason for their venture, it was ill conceived, an act of gross stupidity that could never have ended well. That they all didn't die in a hail of gunfire is surprising.

Weather you're building something, tearing it down, or simply stopping it, there has to be a plan. The rule is simple: Plan your work, and work your plan. This is quite literally "getting something done 101". Using the rabble as a diversion would have been a good start to the operation, but there was no operation. They started, got confused, then decided to play with their phones.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Quality beats quantity, but quantity has a quality all it's own.
Whatever the reason for their venture, it was ill conceived, an act of gross stupidity that could never have ended well. That they all didn't die in a hail of gunfire is surprising.

Weather you're building something, tearing it down, or simply stopping it, there has to be a plan. The rule is simple: Plan your work, and work your plan. This is quite literally "getting something done 101". Using the rabble as a diversion would have been a good start to the operation, but there was no operation. They started, got confused, then decided to play with their phones.
No plan, no crime. I get it. BTW - How many crimes are well thought out?

You still didn't answer the question if you would be as sympathetic if the insurrectionists were dark skinned Muslims. I guess you are using the Ron Johnson defense. Comfortable with white crimes.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I voted no.

I agree they should have taken the deal at this:

"There would have been equal representation among Democrats and Republicans. Nobody on the committee would be a current member of Congress or running for office. Both sides would have had subpoena powers. "

But after it was turned down what Nancy is doing:

"Pelosi will now run a select committee where Democrats are the majority and have sole subpoena power. "

Is not legit.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I voted no.

I agree they should have taken the deal at this:

"There would have been equal representation among Democrats and Republicans. Nobody on the committee would be a current member of Congress or running for office. Both sides would have had subpoena powers. "

But after it was turned down what Nancy is doing:

"Pelosi will now run a select committee where Democrats are the majority and have sole subpoena power. "

Is not legit.
What choice did she have when Republicans turned down the power sharing agreement?

Do you know this committee will be no less fair then Benghazi. Did you object then?

Basically you are saying despite the fact Republicans turned down the fairest possible choice it's still Nancy's fault. That makes all the sense in the world.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
What choice did she have when Republicans turned down the power sharing agreement?

Do you know this committee will be no less fair then Benghazi. Did you object then?

Basically you are saying despite the fact Republicans turned down the fairest possible choice it's still Nancy's fault. That makes all the sense in the world.

They turned down an option they should have taken as I said. They could still negotiate. I'm not doing a Bengazi comparison... I didn't object then and I'm not objecting now. You asked a poll question and I gave you my honest answer.

This is not legit in my opinion as it is too one sided.

Jul 9, 2009

Arms? I bet you counted that every protester had 2 arms. So vewwy dangerous.

Jul 9, 2009
Pipe bombs.

You don't have a problem with the insurrection except the number of weapons? What's the matter not enough dark people for you to care?

The question for this thread what problem do you have with the formation of this select committee?
You're too fucking stupid to even know what an insurrection is if you think Jan. 6 was an attempt at one.