*poll* unreal 2003 railgun?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Link No rail gun listed under the actual name...

Lightning gun is the closest I think, but it only shoots lightning and not the metal crap that rail guns do.

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Unreal tournament or Unreal 2? I know UT2k3 has no railgun, there's the lighting gun, which replaced the sniper rifle from the first UT (and it sucked).

The shock rifle is sort of railgun-like, in that the projectile travels in a long straight line leaving a trail, but it's a beam of energy, not a slug, so it's not a rail gun.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
ok, some guy at work is telling me unreal2k3 doesnt have the railgun. dont vote unless you are 100% sure.

i am saying, "yes, it is in the game."
he says, "no, its not in the game."

so, is it?

btw, he bet me $5.00

if you voted no, why do you say that? maybe i am thinking of unreal tournament? i didnt know there was a diff...please explain

I am saying, "You owe him $5.00"

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: MrBond
Unreal tournament or Unreal 2? I know UT2k3 has no railgun, there's the lighting gun, which replaced the sniper rifle from the first UT (and it sucked).

The shock rifle is sort of railgun-like, in that the projectile travels in a long straight line leaving a trail, but it's a beam of energy, not a slug, so it's not a rail gun.

which gun would say "xxx got railed by xxx"

i KNOW i have seen that in there before...

bandana163

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2003
The railgun in Quake shoots uranium slugs.
UT has the ASMD shock rifle and the lightning gun. No railgun.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: dabuddha
Q2 had the best railgun IMO.

yup. no delay and it was much more powerful than the Q3 one, it seemed. Q2 super shotgun was better too.