POLL: true or false - if it weren't for the sex, we'd all be marrying our best friend

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
My best friend is my wife, so I would have married her.

My best friend guy does even call me anymore. :(

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
Originally posted by: Drekce
I did marry my best friend. I feel sorry for anyone who's spouse is not also their best friend.

Workin' on that right now. Two best friends are both women, one's my sister & one's my g/f.

Viper GTS

:Q Since you can't seem to decide, I recommend marrying your g/f and not your sister. ;)

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: vi_edit
My best friend can't cook, clean or decorate a house to save his life.

So no.

Haha, my best friend is a better cook than my wife. We joke sometimes about how domesticated we are but really...there's no friggin' way I would marry him.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Quixfire
My best friend is my wife, so I would have married her.

My best friend guy does even call me anymore. :(

It makes me sad, one of my two best friends is getting married this July, and I'll be heading off to law school in a year, probably on the East Coast, for three years. I'm so used to hanging out with the same five people that I know that time is going to be difficult.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Intake77
I did marry my best friend. I feel sorry for anyone who's spouse is not also their best friend.

Same!

I feel sorry for anyone who has to qualify their relationship with their spouse by saying they are also their best friend. Duh. I think it's pretty obvious that you should have a better relationship with your spouse than you do with any of your friends.
rolleye.gif

Lifer

Banned
Feb 17, 2003
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: Intake77

Same!

I feel sorry for anyone who has to qualify their relationship with their spouse by saying they are also their best friend. Duh. I think it's pretty obvious that you should have a better relationship with your spouse than you do with any of your friends.
rolleye.gif

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
I'm fine with the idea of living day in and day out with my friends in the same house.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: gopunk
if it weren't for the sex, would we even bother with marriage?

no sex, no kids, no kids, no need for committment, no need for committment, no need for marriage

Tax benefits!

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Then i'd have to marry my dog!
j/k
just thinking what would happen with the term "dog is a man's best friend"

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
We were friends first... real close friends... and now she's my fiance... so ok.