POLL: Trash Day

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
1. What day is trash day (i.e picked up by the trash truck) at your residence?
2. What day do you wish was trash day?
3. Typically, who puts the cans out?
4. Typically, who brings the cans in?

Mine is on Wednesday, which works out OK because the gardener puts out the cans for us when he comes each Tuesday.

If not for the gardener taking the cans out, I would prefer Thursday or Friday so the cans are empty for my weekend projects trash.

Though I tell her to leave them until I get home from work, my wife usually brings the cans in.

MotionMan

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Trash duty is all me. 100% husband duty. it's actually one of those things the wife does so seldomly, that it might actually seem "fun" for her. ie. cutting the grass.

i only wish EVERYTHING that occured seldomly was fun for her... hehehehheheh i kid i kid ;)

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
WTF, why's everybody Wednesday?! Our garbage truck comes at 6AM on Wednesday, then the recycling truck comes at 10AM. I put the 3 bins out on Tuesday night, and bring them back in when I get home on Wednesday night after work. People be stealing cans and bottles in the recycling bin. I wish collection is on Monday morning.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: meltdown75
Trash duty is all me. 100% husband duty. it's actually one of those things the wife does so seldomly, that it might actually seem "fun" for her. ie. cutting the grass.

i only wish EVERYTHING that occured seldomly was fun for her... hehehehheheh i kid i kid ;)

When I was growing up, my parents had the gardener take out and bring in the trash can. Unfortunately, at the time, I was the gardener, too. ;)

MotionMan

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Pfft, all you bigcity people. :p

The 'transfer station' is open Monday/Tuesday/Saturday. Bring it yourself..or pay someone to come and get it..

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: JLee

The 'transfer station' is open Monday/Tuesday/Saturday. Bring it yourself..or pay someone to come and get it..

So, Unibomber Cabin?

MotionMan

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004

Does anyone still burn it? :p That's what we used to do on the farm... burn barrel FTW :D

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I've got the dumpsters right outside my dorm window. I'm greeted by a series of loud crashes at 4 am twice a week. Sleep through it now, but initially it was a bitch.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by: meltdown75

Does anyone still burn it? :p That's what we used to do on the farm... burn barrel FTW :D

We used to do that too. They banned it years ago. :(

Originally posted by: MotionMan

So, Unibomber Cabin?

MotionMan

White Mountains in NH. In a way, I suppose..haha

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Thursday morning is trash/recycling/yard clippings time. It works out pretty well that day. Tuesday or Wednesday would be good too. Monday, Friday, or a weekend day would annoy me.

I'm the husband, so it falls on me. At least until my son gets a bit bigger...

rival

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2001
Thursday is when mine comes and i actually like it that day, i clean the house when i get home Thursday evening so I can relax fri-sat-sun

Dec 10, 2005
At home, garbage collection is on Mondays and Thursday mornings. Recycle people come on Wednesday morning.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
wait, so if you live in an apartment, there is no trash pickup? Do you assume that we all live with our trash piled up?

Epic Fail

Diamond Member
May 10, 2005
Originally posted by: zinfamous
wait, so if you live in an apartment, there is no trash pickup? Do you assume that we all live with our trash piled up?

In large apartments, you have a big dumpster that collects garbages from a chute, so it doesn't matter when the garbage day is.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Apartments, no idea when the pickup day is... I am the one that takes the bags out though.

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
It is friday now, until memorial day when it will change to Mondays, and moves up every holiday

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: irishScott
I've got the dumpsters right outside my dorm window. I'm greeted by a series of loud crashes at 4 am twice a week. Sleep through it now, but initially it was a bitch.

Do you drop your room trash out the window or do you walk it?

MotionMan

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: Brainonska511
At home, garbage collection is on Mondays and Thursday mornings. Recycle people come on Wednesday morning.

So you have trucks on your street three mornings a week?!?

Why does your block need trash pickup twice a week?

MotionMan

nissan720

Dec 3, 2004
Here in Oklahoma every city I have lived in has trash pickup twice a week. Usually either Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday.

I think the reason for the twice weekly pickup is to lessen the amount of trash that they pickup each day.

jaqie

Platinum Member
Apr 6, 2008
Apartment complex here called a "quad" if you are familiar with it. About halfway inbetween a dorm and a one BR apartment. The trash area is several huge dumpsters behind a crappy wood fence.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
trash day is Wednesday.

the couple who lives upstairs always take their can out, and I never have enough trash to bother using my own trashcan, so I just drop my half-a-bag on top of theirs before going to bed on Tuesday night.

I would take theirs out, since I add my trash on top of theirs (and I assume they know I do, since I haven't brought my own trashcan to the curb since September), but they always have it out on the curb before I get home from work on Tuesday and the empty can is brought back to the house by the time I wake up (the guy/husband/boyfriend works 5 am - 1 pm, so I assume it's him).