[POLL] Teen Questioned Over Violent Threats Against the President on MySpace

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: dahunan
Originally posted by: Danman
Originally posted by: Jeeebus
umm the girl wasn't arrested and locked away at Guantanamo. The Secret Service went to the school, questioned her, gave her a stern talking to, and left her to her business. Part of the Secret Service's job is investigating any potential threat to the President, regardless of whether it turns out to be real or not. You think the Secret Service enjoys wasting its time and resources to go scold some teenage girl? Believe me, there's plenty better for them to be doing, but on the .00001% chance this girl went crazy and took a shot at the President, the nation would be up in arms that the Secret Service didn't investigate the "threat." Hell, we'd have a Congressional MySpace 500 page report blaming the Secret Service.

The girl is a retard, plain and simple. No sympathy here.

Well said. This shouldn't even be a discussion people, I don't care if they didn't ask the parents first. We already wasted tax dollars investigating this dumb girl, that's it.

Got children?

I wonder how many US Citizens feel the same way she feels? Does that make them dumb too?
It would be dumb for them to write "KILL BUSH" above of picture of the President with a dagger stabbing him on a public website. period.

If you don't understand why read my post at the top of this page.... sloooowly.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: dahunan
Originally posted by: Danman
umm the girl wasn't arrested and locked away at Guantanamo. The Secret Service went to the school, questioned her, gave her a stern talking to, and left her to her business. Part of the Secret Service's job is investigating any potential threat to the President, regardless of whether it turns out to be real or not. You think the Secret Service enjoys wasting its time and resources to go scold some teenage girl? Believe me, there's plenty better for them to be doing, but on the .00001% chance this girl went crazy and took a shot at the President, the nation would be up in arms that the Secret Service didn't investigate the "threat." Hell, we'd have a Congressional MySpace 500 page report blaming the Secret Service.

The girl is a retard, plain and simple. No sympathy here.

Well said. This shouldn't even be a discussion people, I don't care if they didn't ask the parents first. We already wasted tax dollars investigating this dumb girl, that's it.

Got children?

I wonder how many US Citizens feel the same way she feels? Does that make them dumb too?
It would be dumb for them to write "KILL BUSH" above of picture of the President with a dagger stabbing him on a public website. period.

If you don't understand why read my post at the top of this page.... sloooowly.

:D I understood your post and meant to write a thank you for it.

For all the mistakes this admin has made that contributed to the unnecessary deaths of US Soldiers they really deserve some serious punishment.

HomeAppraiser

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: HomeAppraiser

I don't do MySpace, but if I did I'd add her as a friend.
which tells us all we need to know about you.

That I support her First Amendment rights and her decision to become a political activist, while most teens her age are too wrapped up in fashion and trends to know who the president is or care what he is doing. Good for her.

Or are you answering as your SS alter ego?

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006

That I support her First Amendment rights and her decision to become a political activist, while most teens her age are too wrapped up in fashion and trends to know who the president is or care what he is doing. Good for her.

Funny, I no more remember the First Amendment allowing you to threaten the life of the President as I remember it allowing you to scream 'Fire' in a crowded theatre.

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
Yes

No, but i should have voted yes.

of course the secret service had the right to question her. She ****** up, and threatened the sitting president. that *is* a federal crime, regardless of how old she is.

the secret service had the duty to investigate, and determine whether or not it was a true threat. they did that, evaluated it, and determined it to be a stupid 14 y/o girl.

the parents should have been included because...she's 14? However, there shouldnt be a law requiring that parents be there, either.

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
i hate bush as much as any other but she did go over the line. but nonetheles,, the SS could have waited for her at home rather then take her out of school. the only thing i wonder, is why were the SS surfing MySpace?

bored, didnt have anything bettter to do i guess.

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
1- tough sh!t
2- Shes too young to be into politics. she should be playing with her friends.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

Funny, I no more remember the First Amendment allowing you to threaten the life of the President as I remember it allowing you to scream 'Fire' in a crowded theatre.
This guy is the same type of doofus the girl mentioned in the OP article is.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4275538.html

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

Making threats against the President is a felony and the secret service takes that sh!t very seriously. Nobody has the right to threaten or advocate killing someone else.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
They also need to shutdown myspace for harboring and aiding terrorists in thier terroristic ways.