Which Movie?

• Super 8

• X-Men

Results are only viewable after voting.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I caught about 20 minutes of Super 8. I thought X-men was a bit better. But, Super 8 looked pretty decent. The train wreck scene was pretty good; the following couple of scenes were good as well.
I'll probably see Super 8 next weekend. edit: wtf Hal, then why even bother posting in this thread?

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2007
I just saw X-Men with the gf instead of Super 8 (she wanted to see X-Men, I wanted to see Super 8).

It was meh. It kept me entertained through most of it, but was more of a "turn off your brain" kind of movie. Not as bad as a Michael Bay Transformers movie, but still wasn't a great story or thought provoking. Not that I thought it would be. I thought it was quite lame for:
the "SR71" having no relationship to the real plane. The one in the movie hovered and had cargo room for people along with bomb bay doors for christ sake. Also, the screech/echo dude flying? That was pretty shitty, gross, and looked cheesy/lame (the CGI portion). Doing the entire plot wrapped around the Cold War and the Cuban Missile Crisis was pretty stupid as well (for history buffs like myself). Not to mention the basic "draw a line in the sand" climax was pretty stupid as well. My "suspension of disbelief" only goes so far.

That said, it was a worth a watch. I had a $25 gift card so I don't mind paying the expense ($19 for gf and myself) to see it in theaters. Personally, I would much rather just have waited for it on Netflix and then went to Super 8 instead. That's just me though.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Super 8 is just a blend of Goonies and ET. Nothing really new.

That makes it awesome. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a movie that was 'new' in the sense that it blew my mind because nothing like it had ever been seen before.

sleep

Aug 23, 2010
i have never heard of super 8, it just reminds me of the hotel.

go see x-men first class, it's a good one.

trust me!!! (if you know have seen all of the other movies of x-men)

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
I enjoyed Super 8 more. Xmen was good...certainly better than the last several, but I don't think it'll prove to be as memorable.

mcurphy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2003
I haven't seen either yet, but from what I have read in reviews, and from posts in ATOT, I am really looking forward to Super 8 more than X-Men.

I have heard decent things about both though, but it seems Super 8 might be a bit more to my liking. I am looking forward to watching both movies.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Super 8 is just a blend of Goonies and ET. Nothing really new.

This movie had nothing to do with Goonies or ET. I give it about 84%. Also saw Xmen this weekend. I give it 80%. Neither of the movies were really that great, especially considering all the other excellent looking movies coming out this summer.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Saw both. I vote x-men as far as story goes, but Super 8 as far as entertainment value.

Neither were that great in my opinion.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
This movie had nothing to do with Goonies or ET. I give it about 84%. Also saw Xmen this weekend. I give it 80%. Neither of the movies were really that great, especially considering all the other excellent looking movies coming out this summer.

I thoroughly enjoyed X-FC. It wasn't a 5 star movie, no. But I had a great time watching it. I'm not even a comic book nerd, but I loved watching the deep complex relationship between Xavier and Magneto that you always heard about.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
I saw both. Liked both. But Super 8 is far more enjoyable. Super 8 will be a cult classic.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
I saw X-Men last weekend and it was okay. Better than Thor at least. Gonna avoid superhero flicks for a while now.

Not sure I'd like Super 8. I think I'd need to read more about it. It sounds like hardcore movie buffs and critics will love it but that's not me.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I saw X-Men last weekend and it was okay. Better than Thor at least. Gonna avoid superhero flicks for a while now.

Not sure I'd like Super 8. I think I'd need to read more about it. It sounds like hardcore movie buffs and critics will love it but that's not me.

I thought Thor was much better personally but I think I'm in the minority.