Poll: Poll: who is your cellular phone service provider

? (=Þ)

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Sprint PCS in LA, and it sucks. Im going to switch to either at&t or pacbell.

noxipoo

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2000
Sprint PCS in chicago and it sucks. but i got a one year agreement. free and clear my ass.

fazman

Jul 26, 2000
AT&T - Constant Billing problems

PacSmell - Can't access voicemail other then from Cellphone ONLY! customer service is NOT available 24/7, Billing problems.

Sprint - Dude, there service just sucks!!!!!!!!!!!! Try to make a call on the 5 freeway in LA, if you can let's see if you can actually have a conversation last longer then 2 minutes.
I would not wish this on anyone... no wonder they offer you 2-weeks to return the phone... I returned that $hit after 1 week (but they bill you for 1 months usage tho). Oh well... better then being stuck with sucky service and a phone I don't want.

Verizon - Dunno? Just heard bad things... very few things tho. like some dropped calls.

Nextel - is the bomb but costs double the above

cgclausen

Aug 6, 2000
What sp are you people who voted other using? Nextel maybe? I guess the general opinion is Sprint is suck.

Gatsby

Golden Member
Nov 6, 1999
I get POS Att in Baltimore.

Is there a Good Cell phone company at all?

Gasby

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
Verizon is not too bad. Kind of weird though, people can hear me find but their voices kind of break up. Can't complain about racking up over 700 minutes long distance a month for free though :)

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
sprint kicks verizon's ass in austin. my roommate was on primeco with a houston number, though he lives here in a-town. anyway, during the merger something got fvcked up, and half the time when people would call him he'd get it, but the other half the operator would come on and say its an invalid mailbox. verizon refused to fix it. so he jumped to sprint.

szymcom

Apr 25, 2000
Voicestream which really sucks in Central Jersey. They're refusing to switch me to a better plan, billing me wrong every month, and dropping calls all the time. I wrote them a complaint letter over a month ago, alleging that their customer service sucks and requesting a $150 service credit for putting up with them.... no reply as of yet.

Szymon

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
Most of the time none, I have a pre-paid simm card which I just put in when I need the phone, the're too much of a rip off otherwise.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Why is there no option for "none"? Cel phones are Yuppie toys for 90% of those who have them.

Russ, NCNE

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Russ

Tsk, tsk, tsk. You're judging again. ;)

I use my cell phone to make in state calls. Minneapolis is long distance if I call on my Qworst line, but if I call on my cell phone I only pay air time. And since I get nights and weekends free it's great for talking to friends and family in the Twin Cities. It's also nice to have the peace of mind of having a phone in the car while driving on the interstate. Sure I could walk the 10 miles to the next town, but I'd rather not.

Phalkon

Banned
Aug 20, 2000
I'm enjoying AT&T... they have some kickass coverage... Analog service is available EVERYWHERE in southern ontario, the only time I see No SVC on my cell is when I'm on the subway :)

My cell isn't a toy for me, I use it to inform people of my arrival times when I travel, relay information to and from friends while at school, and listen in on other cel phone conversations from my office.... oops, wasn't supposed to say that one :)

MLosnes

May 14, 2000
Sprint in NYC is alrighty. My roommate, our neighbor, and many other friends use it no problem. We all make calls to NYC from northern Connecticut, southern Jersey, receive from Europe, and calls from Florida to NYC is the farrest we've made so far. No in cuty problems except for calling from the Subway or middle of highrises. Otherwise, it seems good and nobody has had a prob switching their plan if necesary.