POLL: ***Officially Confirmed by y0 momma MATRIX RELOADED opinions*** - NON-SPOILER

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
-----thx to Kyteland for the idea-----

.......that means just post your reactions and opinions, limiting responses to a combination of

was
is
today
awesome
amazing
kicked
sucked
a$$
incredible
etc.

that means, not even questions asking........."oh, so did morpheus really get that cadillac shoved up his ass and sent to zion, where the oracle was waiting to bake him a sarah lee cake and then trinity and neo came in, only to reveal that they were giving birth to a cyborg that would....."

get the point yet? mmm k, thanks

edit: i'll add a "view poll" option friday afternoon, after a good amount of people actually see the movie.

puffpio

Golden Member
Dec 21, 1999
oh, so did morpheus really get that cadillac shoved up his ass and sent to zion, where the oracle was waiting to bake him a sarah lee cake and then trinity and neo came in, only to reveal that they were giving birth to a cyborg that would.....?

astartz

Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: theNEOone
-----thx to Kyteland for the idea-----

.......that means just post your reactions and opinions, limiting responses to a combination of

was
is
today
awesome
amazing
kicked
sucked
a$$
incredible
etc.

that means, not even questions asking........."oh, so did morpheus really get that cadillac shoved up his ass and sent to zion, where the oracle was waiting to bake him a sarah lee cake and then trinity and neo came in, only to reveal that they were giving birth to a cyborg that would....."

get the point yet? mmm k, thanks

edit: i'll add a "view poll" option friday afternoon, after a good amount of people actually see the movie.

here

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Originally posted by: nick1985
add "havnt seen it yet"

well, i was going to but then realized that a lot of people who will want to see the poll actually won't watch the movie until tonight or tomorrow. if they come here first and click on "view poll" then they won't be able to post their opinion once they actually see the movie. i'm "removing temptation," so to speak.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
right.... 16 people here have already seen it:p i don't think so. 3 being dicks have already voted for it sucking. you 3 people must be happy.

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001

just read the review. another at msnbc also hints at the possibility that the film tried to "out-philosophize" the original matrix. i hope ebert is just being his usually ass-self and exaggerating the pseudo philosophical dialogue, because i for one will be dissappointed. one of the things i loved about the original matrix was that the philosophy was fairly subtle.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
pretty good, worth the $8.50 i spent on it. a little disappointed, but then again i didn't think the first matrix was *that* great.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
pretty good, worth the $8.50 i spent on it. a little disappointed, but then again i didn't think the first matrix was *that* great.

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001

That will not prevent fanboys from analyzing the philosophy of "The Matrix Reloaded" in endless Web postings. Part of the fun is becoming an expert in the deep meaning of shallow pop mythology; there is something refreshingly ironic about becoming an authority on the transient extrusions of mass culture, and Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) now joins Obi-Wan Kenobi as the Plato of our age.

HAHAHAHA

Ebert owns j00 fanboys.

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Originally posted by: illusion88

That will not prevent fanboys from analyzing the philosophy of "The Matrix Reloaded" in endless Web postings. Part of the fun is becoming an expert in the deep meaning of shallow pop mythology; there is something refreshingly ironic about becoming an authority on the transient extrusions of mass culture, and Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) now joins Obi-Wan Kenobi as the Plato of our age.

HAHAHAHA

Ebert owns j00 fanboys.

i don't really know that it's an attack on fanboys. it's more of an attack on wannabe intellectuals that try to put their "intelligence" on display by interpreting things that really don't need any kind of interpretation

anyway...........MORE OPINIONS DAMNIT!

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
A friend of mine saw it and absolutely hated it. He said it dragged on with too much philosophical BS and there wasn't nearly enough action. He said "it's like a Rob Schneider movie - they already showed all the good stuff in the commercials. Don't waste your money."

I'll still go see it sometime to judge for myself, but he really didn't like it.

Lotheron

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2002
Originally posted by: BigSmooth
A friend of mine saw it and absolutely hated it. He said it dragged on with too much philosophical BS and there wasn't nearly enough action. He said "it's like a Rob Schneider movie - they already showed all the good stuff in the commercials. Don't waste your money." I'll still go see it sometime to judge for myself, but he really didn't like it.

Your friend is completely wrong, the movie is FULL of action. Yes, theres storyline, but there has to be, especially after the first one.

astartz

Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Slasher2k
Originally posted by: BigSmooth
A friend of mine saw it and absolutely hated it. He said it dragged on with too much philosophical BS and there wasn't nearly enough action. He said "it's like a Rob Schneider movie - they already showed all the good stuff in the commercials. Don't waste your money." I'll still go see it sometime to judge for myself, but he really didn't like it.

Your friend is completely wrong, the movie is FULL of action. Yes, theres storyline, but there has to be, especially after the first one.

There was some action but there was WAY to much of the philosophical cr@p. I get the feeling this is what happens when there is no editor in a movie

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Err.... that many people didn't like it?

Action? It had more action than the first movie.

Storyline? Yes there was a lot of philosophical crap, but that helped explain several things if you bothered to listen.