POLL: *OFFICIAL 2002 CHRISTMAS SEASON* console survey!

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
This poll does NOT care what console you currently have (if any). It doesn't care how much they cost or anything like that. The poll is: Currently in your opinion what is the best console to own?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: TheEvil1
PS2. for the sole reason that its controller DOSENT suck

and it just has teh best games
The new Xbox S controller is about as good as the PS2 - I agree that the original Xbox controller was junk!

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
wow 3 way tie. how exciting. seriously i couldn't decide between a game cube or x box if i had to (i have a ps2).

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Several games that I'm really looking forward to getting for my Gamecube. I voted that way. although I think it's going to be a good holiday season for all three.

Storm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 1999
I dont own any of them. I just like the games for ps2 and gc better.
The only thing going for the xbox is the ability to mod it, put a bigger hd in it,
then put games, mp3s, divx on it. Im more of an rpg person and someone who believes fps
should stay on the comps. Xbox needs to get more japanese developers
backing it rpgwise.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: murphy55d
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I'm xbox anyway :D

Did you get / Are you getting XBox Live?
Don't have XBL. It will be a while coming.

Something the xbox does that neither of the other consoles do is crank out 5.1 digital sound IN GAME. That's freaking sweet. The DVD options are also WAY better than on the PS2. The variable speed forwards wind and rewind is one such notable features. 2X up to 32X. It's surprisingly useful.

Storm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 1999
Originally posted by: murphy55d
I'm xbox anyway :D

Did you get / Are you getting XBox Live?
Don't have XBL. It will be a while coming.

Something the xbox does that neither of the other consoles do is crank out 5.1 digital sound IN GAME. That's freaking sweet. The DVD options are also WAY better than on the PS2. The variable speed forwards wind and rewind is one such notable features. 2X up to 32X. It's surprisingly useful.

Uh the Xbox has a decoder for 5.1 in games and dvds?

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
GAMECUBE!!!

Yes, I know I don't have to yell!! I just felt like doing it anyway. :p

: ) Amanda

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Uh the Xbox has a decoder for 5.1 in games and dvds?
Well maybe it encodes - I don't know what the term is - but if your receiver can handle 5.1 surround the XBOX and PS2 both can produce 5.1 from movies. The xbox differs from the PS2 in that it can do it for game as well as far as I could tell last night playing. I know for certain that the PS2 cannot do 5.1 for a game real-time. It may be possible that Xbox is using some trickery for the games - hopefully somebody can uncloud this.

EDIT:

Read link