Poll: It's bad to flush paper towels down the toilet...

AsianriceX

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2001
As far as I know, paper towels don't break down easily like toilet paper, thus increasing the chance that flushed paper towels could cause a back up in the plumbing. Am I right in this train of thought?

I ask this because I noticed a few days ago that we've run out of toilet paper in the apartment and tonight I just saw a huge roll of paper towels on top of the reservoir tank. Now, I can't prove that my roommates think paper towels down a toilet is ok, and that they're using it, but... damn.

If I'm right, it looks like I might have to go make a late night TP run before our toilet explodes.

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
um yea afriend of mine clogged up the apartment's sewer system with that hahaha.

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
after you bust a cap in a kitten...

just throw the paper towel away in the trash

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004
Ok even if he is..the question has to be asked....

If you have had no TP for the past few days..what HAVE you been using? Leafs from outsdie?

Simple solution=go buy some TP

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Paper towels will bunch and compress, causing tough blockages. Depending on how much PT they throw down there, you may even need a snake to unclog the toilet.

Toilet paper breaks down as water passes over it, allowing bits and pieces to go down, helping to prevent clogs.

AsianriceX

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2001
Originally posted by: RadioHead84

If you have had no TP for the past few days..what HAVE you been using? Leafs from outsdie?

Haha, I knew someone would bring that up. I wanted to refrain from diving into my own "personal schedule," but to defend my honor, I will explain.

I usually do number 2 during the day, so I'm either at class in a university building with plenty of TP to go around, at work in another university building with quality TP, or at my GF's place, and you know the ladies always have TP on hand. Since I'm not usually at home when nature calls, I didn't think it a priority to resupply the stash and assumed someone else would get more.

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004
Originally posted by: AsianriceX

Haha, I knew someone would bring that up. I wanted to refrain from diving into my own "personal schedule," but to defend my honor, I will explain.

I usually do number 2 during the day, so I'm either at class in a university building with plenty of TP to go around, at work in another university building with quality TP, or at my GF's place, and you know the ladies always have TP on hand. Since I'm not usually at home when nature calls, I didn't think it a priority to resupply the stash and assumed someone else would get more.
You my friend are living on the edge. For you never know the next time you order burritos, or chinease food when, and the Sh!ts come. You would be screwed....

How do you sleep at night

AsianriceX

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Shawn
Originally posted by: Xyclone
My toilet gets fscked up whenever I flush TP down the toilet.

what happens when you poo? :Q

We can only assume that he has another place for that... or he doesn't poo at all! :Q

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
Have a contest with your friend with who clogs up the toilet first
And make him drink the backwash from teh plumbing :evil:

AsianriceX

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2001
Originally posted by: AsianriceX

You my friend are living on the edge. For you never know the next time you order burritos, or chinease food when, and the Sh!ts come. You would be screwed....

How do you sleep at night

I'm not allowed to sleep at the moment. Week before finals + Computer Engineering = No Sleep until 5AM.

Although, you are correct. I am living on the edge and will rectify that soon.