POLL: It has to be asked Startrek Vs Starwars

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
all you star trek voters need to go watch the holy trilogy again

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
1. Empire strikes back (all other are juvenile)
2. ST TOS
3. ST NG
4.Battlestar Galactica.

Palek

Jun 20, 2001
Apples and oranges. Star Trek and Star Wars and totally different concepts. Star Wars is an fantasy/adventure film in the disguise of a sci-fi flick, while Star Trek is hard-core sci-fi.

With that said, Star Trek wins!!! :D

Voyager rulez. I used to think Deep Space Nine was a mistake, but then recently I watched the last ten episodes, and I found them very enjoyable. Still, Voyager beats the previous two series hands down in my book. Enterprise just started showing in Japan so I cannot say how good that will be...

I wonder if there will ever be a feature-length film with the Voyager crew...

omega2

Nov 2, 2002
If you ask me, I think that Star Trek is more believable. Besides, who do you think would be a better enemy, Darth Vader or the Q Continum, or even the borg, etc. I think Star Trek wins out here. They have more series and movies compare to Star Wars.

ScrapSilicon

Lifer
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: FeathersMcGraw
All I know is, Kirk got his hand cut off a lot fewer times than these Jedi guys. ;)
:D and don't forget Mudd's women ..;)
Jeri Ryan :ptechnologically gifted there :confused:

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Q could just wink the jedi, darkside, and the entire force out of existance in an instant. The borg would just assimilate everyone and use the force to assist in their assimilation techniques. The jedi would just wobble around with their lighsabres and die. The darkside would suffer the same fate. Startrek beats Starwars anyway you look at it :D

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
In Russia the Deathstar owns j00!

Who want's a spoiler? You want a spoiler? You will die alone!

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
It's times like these that I like to bring up all the other alternatives to the two. Like Spaceballs.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
I prefer Star Trek. Funny how the early episodes of Next Generation seemed to be aimed almost at kids, but as the series (and franchise) got older it's defintely gotten darker. Ds9 is an example. However Star Wars has gone the other way.

First few seasons of StarGate beat them all though. :D

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Star Trek!

I mean, think about it:

Star Trek

10 movies
Several series of tv-shows, hundreds of episodes

Star Wars:

6 movies (1 excellent, 1 good, rest are childish kid stuff)

Of course, both also have assortisment of books.

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
hmmm

warp vs hyperspace? that's a tough one....

there's gotta be a better way to rate the two star****