Poll: if a girl has a boyfriend ....

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BooBooCat

Jun 19, 2001
Your best bet is to wait till she breaks up with her current boyfriend. If you are seeing her while she is still with him he will hate you and his friends will hate you. If she has broken up with him and you start seeing her, he may not like it but the relationship was over and you aren't treading on him.

JonJon

Oct 28, 2000
let the woman know you're interested, she may be unhappy or realize that she could have something better with you. also even if she is happy she'll know where to come if and when the future isn't so bright for her and her current boyfriend. in essence, give her the option, let her make up her own mind.

obiwaynekenobi

Golden Member
May 18, 2001
befriend them both, that way he doens't the know the difference.

but don't get very... close to him becuase he'll beat you blue

Peetoeng

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2000

Do a risk vs. reward evaluation:
How pretty is she?
How far;) would she go with you?
How big, compared to you, is her beau?
How temperamental is her beau?
What's the customer ratings of your HMO?

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000

<< Do a risk vs. reward evaluation:
How pretty is she?
How far;) would she go with you?
How big, compared to you, is her beau?
How temperamental is her beau?
What's the customer ratings of your HMO?
>>

i am gonna go do it eventually i know her pretty well, we're really comfortable with each other. I dont think i'm in the friendzone just yet as she doesnt talk about him to me, so i'm not stuck there yet. All she's told me is he's gonna be out of the country most of the summer which i took as a hint. She's in summer school now, but i got legit reasons to go visit, and she lives near after that.

As for these risk reward questions, i think she's pretty, hey boyfriend comes up a few inches above my shoulders and in a fight i'd probably look pretty bad beating down on him. i dont know her boyfriend at all though, never talked to him , i just saw him once like the last day of school with her, he goes to the school as us and lived in another building but i never saw him. She was a neighbor of mine btw if this isn't making any sense. the other questions i'm not gonna answer because they are either stupid or i'm not that kind of guy

optimistic

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
and that's out of 74 votes! BTW I chose 'no' because if she can cheat with her boyfriend, she will most definitely cheat with you. So she's not worth going after in the first place. Hey! its JMO!

Uclagamer_99

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2000
you shouldn't really befriend someone based on the fact that maybe she will dump her bf and go out with you later...i know its not physically cheating but you are basically going to dislike almost all the guys she dates cuz deep down inside you know you still got a thing for her...just my thought on the matter :)

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000

&quot;you shouldn't really befriend someone based on the fact that maybe she will dump her bf and go out with you later...i know its not physically cheating but you are basically going to dislike almost all the guys she dates cuz deep down inside you know you still got a thing for her...just my thought on the matter&quot;

i agree completely with that statement

Hoping she will break up is a bad reason to become friends with her anyways. If you want her you should really go for it and don't worry about her boyfriend. If she is really worth it to you it shouldnt matter how big he his (this is in general, i know u previously stated that u were taller than him and would give him a severe beating :))
otherwise I wouldn't mess with the situation.

cchen

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
just a thought: think of how you would feel if someone did that to you and your gf. i don't think you would like it very much...

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
i was thinking that if someone did that to me that i hadn't done enough to keep her anyways. just my opinion there

Uclagamer_99

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2000
and so there's your answer then, what goes around comes around...if you are able to &quot;steal her away&quot; how easy do you think it would be for some other Joe to do it to you a month later?

is there a point for asking people's opinions and reacting to them when you stated that we wouldn't/couldn't change your mind in the original post? just go do what you gotta do man

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
As long as he's not YOUR friend, go for it. Life is short and boyfriend/girlfriend is NOT a committment. She's fair game, as long as there's no hardware on the finger.

azollman

May 26, 2001
No, no, no. All of you who say &quot;no&quot; are wrong. Just make sure that you're bigger and stronger compared to the other guy and you'll be fine...