Poll: How Long Will The Iraq War Last?

Banana

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
My vote is that official ceasefire will occur in the summer, with continuing action against guerillas/terrorists.

OFFascist

Jun 10, 2002
I think the main fighting part of this war will be over in about 3 months.

In a month and a half we should control most of the country, then I would guesstimate it would take another month and a half for the Siege of Baghdad.

After that it will be several years of occupation, rebuilding, and policing.

Morph

Banned
Oct 14, 1999
The war for Iraq will last a month or two. The holy war against the US that this causes will last for many years to come.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Morph
The holy war against the US that this causes will last for many years to come.

Why do people say things like this? The fanatic muslim/arab types have always wanted to kill us. What are they gonna do? Kill us twice?

I hate this pansy-ass, the bully might get mad if I punch him in the nose, BS.

I learned at a very young age that you can't let a bully make you his b!tch. Break his nose and spill his blood in front of his friends and attitudes change about who to mess with.

Again, what are they gonna do? Kill us twice? They have always wanted us dead.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
The war for Iraq will last a month or two. The holy war against the US that this causes will last for many years to come.

This is my guess.

LP29

Nov 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Crazyfool

Why do people say things like this? The fanatic muslim/arab types have always wanted to kill us. What are they gonna do? Kill us twice?

I learned at a very young age that you can't let a bully make you his b!tch. Break his nose and spill his blood in front of his friends and attitudes change about who to mess with.

Do you know why arab or muslim people hate the US? If no, then stfu.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Originally posted by: LP29

Do you? Now you must stfu or explain in ways that can be addressed. I will not become a muslim as Bin Laden wants so give me the answer, flamerboy.

My answer is that they are a hateful people.

LP29

Nov 30, 2001
I think the war with Iraq will last up to five months or more. But the worst is yet to come. I think the Terrorist activities will intensify because of this war and much more innocent life will be lost.

The US made a very bad decision in attacking Iraq without UN backing. If only they just waited a few more days. Because this war is not backed by the UN. The Arab League condemned it. Even the European Union has a split decision. If only it was backed by the UN, then the world would help the US in the war against Iraq.

FYI: The "coalition of the willing" is composed of bribed countries. The much of the money Bush is asking from the congress will be given to these bribed countries. The "coalition of the willing" should be renamed the "coalition of the bribed" The US won't have any allies if they did'nt bribed these countries. Thats why I salute Turkey because they did what they tought is right about the Iraqi war. They stood up and did'nt let the US bribe them even if the US offered them Billions of dollors in return.

LP29

Nov 30, 2001

Do you? Now you must stfu or explain in ways that can be addressed. I will not become a muslim as Bin Laden wants so give me the answer, flamerboy.

Wrong answer!!! It's the US FOREIGN POLICIES!!! now you know so stfu!!!

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Believe me, once this is over and the USA has won, then all the UN nations and the entire Arab league will say "we were all behind you but we couldn't say it out loud".

Mark my words.

Turkey tried to jack the USA for billions and over-played their hand. You gamble, you might lose. Turkey is about as backward as any nation on this planet.

LP29

Nov 30, 2001
I am not a muslim but I don't hate or depise them! They are aslo people you know! We are all created equal. Please don't think of them as just muslims. Think of them as people just like you who have feelings too. Man I wish aliens would show up so that people around the world would unite!!!

edited:
spelling edit

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
I am not a muslim but I don't hate or depise them! They are aslo people you know! We are all created equal. Please don't think of them as just muslims. Think of them as people just like you who have feelings too. Man I wish aliens would show up so that people around the world would unite!!!

edited:
spelling edit

Yeah, the world can unite like in StarTrek or something.

Grow up, son. And yes, I know I'm not your father.

rolleye.gif

P.S. These people would kill you without even thinking about it. Look at what they did to their POW's. :(

Thats only part of the answer in reality. We are also hated because we represent what those radical extreamists hate...rights for women, "unethical" ads and tv shows, and materialism. Some of it has to do with our forein policy, but not all of it.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
I still maintain that it isn't foreign policy is not what makes them hate us.

It is nothing deeper than the fact that they hate us. They hate our comfortable lifestyle, they hate that we can do whatever it takes to protect ourselves. They hate that they can't kill us. They hate that they can't make us as miserable as they are.

This is how typical arab/muslim types view our country.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001

I think the war with Iraq will last up to five months or more. But the worst is yet to come. I think the Terrorist activities will intensify because of this war and much more innocent life will be lost.

The US made a very bad decision in attacking Iraq without UN backing. If only they just waited a few more days. Because this war is not backed by the UN. The Arab League condemned it. Even the European Union has a split decision. If only it was backed by the UN, then the world would help the US in the war against Iraq.

FYI: The "coalition of the willing" is composed of bribed countries. The much of the money Bush is asking from the congress will be given to these bribed countries. The "coalition of the willing" should be renamed the "coalition of the bribed" The US won't have any allies if they did'nt bribed these countries. Thats why I salute Turkey because they did what they tought is right about the Iraqi war. They stood up and did'nt let the US bribe them even if the US offered them Billions of dollors in return
How old are you? 10? I've seen idiotic disagreements on this board before but you're vying for the top spot.

Do you know why many Muslim extremists hate the US besides your parroting of "US FOREIGN POLICIES"? Can you for instance tell me why Muslim extremists in Indonesia hate the US? Can you name a few specific US policies in the Middle East have led to a build up of hate for the US? What, aside from US interests in oil, created these foreign policy mistakes? What is Europe's role in helping to foster this hated towards the US? Where the true roots of the crisis in the Middle East lay?

When you have the answers to these questions, and others, maybe you'll be capable of carrying on a less than idiotic discussion.

And by the way, of the 75 billion requested for the war budget, about 10% of it is going to those countries helping fight this war; a far cry from the "much of the money Bush is asking" that you state.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I still maintain that it isn't foreign policy is not what makes them hate us.

It is nothing deeper than the fact that they hate us. They hate our comfortable lifestyle, they hate that we can do whatever it takes to protect ourselves. They hate that they can't kill us. They hate that they can't make us as miserable as they are.

This is how typical arab/muslim types view our country.

And you know this how?

speg

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2000
www.speg.com

It's funny, Im sure if you asked any bully on the playground they'd tell you they were doing the right thing, etc.
Sorta like how the US is doing "the right thing." I wouldn't be surprised if most of the world views America as the bully, not the the other way around.

steell

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2001
Originally posted by: mastertech01
You forgot "Till the fat lady sings"

That one gets my vote :D

I don't believe that there is another country in the world that blames themselves for the ills of the world, the way we do. It seems like the majority attitude in the US is, They hate us, therefore we must have done someting evil to have caused it. Hate is usually directed at those that are different from the ones doing the hating. That has been the case throughout history, and I don't believe it is going to change anytime soon.

Everything is my fault, I am such a bad person. Everything is our fault, we are such a bad nation.

Sheesh, I wish people would get a clue :(

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Many radical clerics called for a Jihad against the US long before this war. Have you forgotten Ayatollah Khomeini? Are you old enough to even know who he is? Imho, the two main reasons there is such Muslim hatred for the US are our alliance with Israel (all Arab nations want the absolute destruction of Israel) and secondly because of simply who we are. They hate our freedom, our policies towards women, our culture, our society as a whole. Muslim clerics for years have been portraying us as the "Great Satan", the bed of infidels. The Jihad started more than 20 years ago. I am getting tired of the apologists who continue to believe that our foreign policy is the main reason why we are hated in the middle east. Here is an interesting article........link

jemcam

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
However. Long. It Takes.

With each new report of an atrocity by the Iraqi regime?a woman hanged for waving at a coalition soldier, a nine-year-old boy shot because his family refused to cooperate with Saddam's forces?the President grew more anxious to repeat his message. "Resolve," said a senior Bush aide. "That's what people who have loved ones who are pows want to hear. That's what the guys in the field who are fighting this thing want to hear. And he is going to hammer it home and hammer it home and hammer it home." So when Bush was finally asked at the press conference whether the war would "last months, not weeks," he could barely wait for the question to be completed. "However long it takes to win," he shot back. Moments later he repeated the pledge, slowing his words for emphasis. "However. Long. It takes."

Link to story

Banana

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
I believe another reason why many countries dislike the USA is because it is so powerful both economically and militarily, and represents the "Western" culture. The USA is then blamed for those countries ills, fairly or not. Stirring hatred against the US distracts the unhappy populace away from the ineffective leadership. Yes, I am aware that the ancient policies of the "West" have contributed to some of the problems afflicting the Third World countries, but get over it already!

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I am not in the military but I have been in 3 Muslim countries in the last couple of years and spent some time several years ago in Libia and I can tell you from my perspective that it has to do with Religon they hate us because we are Christians, they hate the jews because Mohamad told them to in the Koran.
Kill a Christian and be saved is there motto. They will never change no matter what we do or what we say. The best we can hope for is for them to stay at home in their oun country but that will never happen because of directives in the Koran to convert all people on earth to Islam by any means possible.
They say put your enemy to the sword if they do not convert slit there throat.

Bleep

LP29

Nov 30, 2001
Originally posted by: jjones

FYI: The "coalition of the willing" is composed of bribed countries. The much of the money Bush is asking from the congress will be given to these bribed countries. The "coalition of the willing" should be renamed the "coalition of the bribed" The US won't have any allies if they did'nt bribed these countries. Thats why I salute Turkey because they did what they tought is right about the Iraqi war. They stood up and did'nt let the US bribe them even if the US offered them Billions of dollors in return
How old are you? 10? I've seen idiotic disagreements on this board before but you're vying for the top spot.

Do you know why many Muslim extremists hate the US besides your parroting of "US FOREIGN POLICIES"? Can you for instance tell me why Muslim extremists in Indonesia hate the US? Can you name a few specific US policies in the Middle East have led to a build up of hate for the US? What, aside from US interests in oil, created these foreign policy mistakes? What is Europe's role in helping to foster this hated towards the US? Where the true roots of the crisis in the Middle East lay?

When you have the answers to these questions, and others, maybe you'll be capable of carrying on a less than idiotic discussion.

And by the way, of the 75 billion requested for the war budget, about 10% of it is going to those countries helping fight this war; a far cry from the "much of the money Bush is asking" that you state.

so you say that $7,500,000,000 is little money?
rolleye.gif

LP29

Nov 30, 2001
Originally posted by: jjones

I experienced a war firsthand so don't call me an idiot. How about you? Have you felt the horror that I felt during the war? Have you seen hundreds of dead innocent people in the streets?