Poll: Good Mattresses?

Blieb

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2000
I have a 2yr old Full-Size Serta Amhearst Plush mattress. I love it, it's firm, and has held up just the same as the day I got it!

However, I've recently purchased a post-bed to go with my furniture set ... and now need to upsize to a queen.

I've been looking around ... and I'd like to get a mattress inbetween, not too firm, not too plush, but somewhere in the middle ...

Spring Air Rhapsody seems nice, but I haven't heard much about them ... and just don't know if I trust 'em...

I like Serta ... but bedding people around here don't seem fond of them ...
I liked the Simmons that I saw ... but again ... I've only touched the tip of the iceburg concerning consumer reports ...

What's your take? Favorites? Least Favorites? Longevity? Comfort?

Thanks!
~Blieb

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
I've been happy with both Serta and Simmons.

However, if you have the $$$ to spend, there is a special type of mattress that is HEAVEN to sleep on... I would do the research, but you can start here:

Ahhhhh...

Aceman

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
I refuse to go to any box spring mattress. I've had a waterbed for the past 12 years and can't sleep on any other type of mattress comfortably.

Guess I'm just a poor guy in his 30s stuck in the 1980s.

divinemartyr

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2000
Spring Air makes an awesome mattress called the Four Seasons, if budget is not a concern, check it out.

dm

snakesnfrogs

Banned
Mar 1, 2001
Stearns & Foster

edit: check here---We got our current mattress from this guy. Should be able to save some money if you don't mind a small blemish.

lyric

May 6, 2001
I currently have Sealy's Posturpedic Dual Support System. It's the most comfortable bed that I've laid on. =)

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
I picked out a new bed by just going into a furniture store, finding a few mattresses in my price range, and trying them out. I really didn't pay attention to the brand, don't think it was Sealey though. I like a soft mattress, the one I got is a pillow-top or something like that. I'll probably put a down mattress pad on it when I get it in August (moving then, already put a deposit on the new furniture).

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Having had a great deal of experience with women, I automatically sleep on the couch.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I've tried air beds, a number of different water beds, and a number of standard beds. Nothing has been better than what I have now, a high end Simmons Beautyrest, "plush firm."

It feels soft, but give TONS of back support. It's the first bed I've owned that didn't cause me to wake up with a sore back occationally.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Yes, you need a snorkle and life vest to sleep on a waterbed. Sometimes, I stock mine with fish for excitement.

Seriously, trying a waterbed is kinda of a hard thing to do, because waterbeds take getting use to. You probably won't be comfortable in one for a couple of weeks after you start using one. Then, you won't be comfortable in any other non-waterbed. Makes sleeping in hotels when I'm on vacation a real pain.

Blieb

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2000
snakesnfrogs - Thanks! I saw that guy's site just yesterday! I'm waitin' on a shipping estimate while I check out beds all over town ...

Moonbeam - That's why I have a comfy couch!!! hehe...

I used to have a water bed ... it was VERY comfortable to me, which I don't get, because it was so squishy ... but whenever I visit my old man and get to sleep in my old bed, I get an awesome night's sleep ...