Poll: For the guys. Do you spit into urinals (Voting Closed)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Hey! If you you're under 5'4," don't use the large urinal. Use the kiddy one. As a taller person, I hate the angle of incidence/reflection on the lower one. And I don't care if your genitalia feels good resting on the cold porcelain.
:|

Mar 22, 2002
Yes, because I don't think it's right to spit on concrete where people walk, so I'm kind - I wait until I have to pee then spit into the urinal. I don't spit into the urinal if I spit on the grass or something a few minutes ago...

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: eakers
wtf?!

men are so weird!!!

So you don't spit? :)

I think it's funny when people spit in them, but better than people farting while urinating in them

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I eat crackers over the urinal so the crumbs don't fall on the floor and make a mess.

Jay59express

Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Ketteringo
No.

Why do restaurants/bars put ice in the urinals? I saw it for the first time in Canada, very odd I thought.

I think it is so it slowly keeps itself flushed, most people don't flush urinals.

Compton

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2000
Originally posted by: So
One time I found feces in a urinal. That one freaked me out. I pretty much backed out of that bathroom and went to piss somewhere else.

You found it?? Or you just saw it??

:confused:

Originally posted by: MaxDepth
Hey! If you you're under 5'4," don't use the large urinal. Use the kiddy one. As a taller person, I hate the angle of incidence/reflection on the lower one. And I don't care if your genitalia feels good resting on the cold porcelain.

man the thought of that filthiness gave me the shivers
i'm always reallllllllllly carefull to not touch any part of the urn

i'm the guy in the restroom standing a foot away with the giant
arc of pee

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I wouldn't spit for the simple fact that it would have the potential to splash if it were substantial enough.

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Descartes
I wouldn't spit for the simple fact that it would have the potential to splash if it were substantial enough.

you know, you can hock one at a shallow angle at the wall of the urinal. or anywhere in the urinal. at any angle. you can hock it straight up if the urinal's flushing, too.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Amorphus
Originally posted by: Descartes

you know, you can hock one at a shallow angle at the wall of the urinal. or anywhere in the urinal. at any angle. you can hock it straight up if the urinal's flushing, too.

You're obviously much more talented than me :)

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Jzero
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
I don't use urinals because I REFUSE to touch the flusher. I go into the stall, take a leak, and flush with my foot.

And no, I don't spit in it.

Do you wash your hands when you're done? If so, what is your concern about touching the flusher?

No, I refuse to touch the disgusting sink handles either. They're equally disgusting as the flushers, since you still havn't washed your hands before using them. I just hold the wang with my left hand, which I use for absolutely nothing, so nobody ever has to come in contact with anything that touched my wang.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: jntdesign

arc of pee

Ever go to an elementary school? Ever try peeing in one of the 3rd grader urinals? Trust me, you feel like you're going to fall over.

freakflag

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2001
I don't use urinals because I REFUSE to touch the flusher. I go into the stall, take a leak, and flush with my foot.

Do you wash your hands when you're done? If so, what is your concern about touching the flusher?

No, I refuse to touch the disgusting sink handles either. They're equally disgusting as the flushers, since you still havn't washed your hands before using them. I just hold the wang with my left hand, which I use for absolutely nothing, so nobody ever has to come in contact with anything that touched my wang.

OK. Here's a little refresher course in restroom hygiene 101.

10 steps to a clean getaway:

1) Enter stall.
2) Take a leak.
3) Flush with foot.
4) Roll out a small amount of towl from paper towel dispenser.
5) Turn on faucet (adjusting temperature according to personal preference).
6) Apply soap and wash hands.
7) Remove previously dispensed paper towelage and use it to dispense a larger portion of paper towel.
8) Throw away small portion of paper towel and dry hands with freshly dispensed towelation.
9) Again, using paper towels, turn off faucet, open bathroom door enough to wedge in foot while throwing paper towels away.
10) Kick open door and exit restroom.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Uh, no. Never. And the people who spit gum in there should be castrated.

Crappopotamus

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2002
Originally posted by: freakflag

1) Enter stall.
2) Take a leak.
3) Flush with foot.
7) Remove previously dispensed paper towelage and use it to dispense a larger portion of paper towel.
8) Throw away small portion of paper towel and dry hands with freshly dispensed towelation.
9) Again, using paper towels, turn off faucet, open bathroom door enough to wedge in foot while throwing paper towels away.

freak. you religiously use purell too dontcha.
rolleye.gif

freakflag

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Crappopotamus
Originally posted by: freakflag

1) Enter stall.
2) Take a leak.
3) Flush with foot.

freak. you religiously use purell too dontcha.
rolleye.gif

I used to drive a tow truck. If you had been forced to take a leak in some of the nasty-@ssed restrooms that I have seen, you would have developed counter-measures too.

Originally posted by: XZeroII
Originally posted by: jntdesign

arc of pee

Ever go to an elementary school? Ever try peeing in one of the 3rd grader urinals? Trust me, you feel like you're going to fall over.

You mean since i've become an adult? :)
yes, my daughter is in first grade, so i'm at her school twice a day
whenever i have to use the "little boys room" i have to bend my knees to 45 degree angles...and since i'm not in the shape i used to be, i have to use the urn next to the stalls so i can lean on the stall

unfortunately, thats the spot that everyone can see from the hallway ;|

mdcrab

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2001
Peeing usually makes me want to brush my teeth. Conditioned reflex I guess, because that is what I usually do after peeing in am and pm.

mdcrab