Poll: For the guys. Do you spit into urinals (Voting Closed)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
I spit almost 100% of the time when I go to a urinal. I don't know why... I have always been a "spitter". When I golfed in high school, I would spit constantly, so my teammates nicknamed me the "Camel" :D

I don't know if I have over productive saliva glands or what, but I hate it when I have a huge glob of spit in my mouth. I don't like to swallow that crap, so I just spit it out.

I don't "dip" or "chew" either... that crap is nasty.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
No, holy sh*t of course not. People who spit in public should be drawn and quartered. Sometimes (more in AL than in nova scotia, not surprisingly), I see hicks open their door and spit onto the road when at lights. I guess it's from the chew that they've got in their mouth. It does not get any more classless than that. When I see a person walking down the road and they spit on the sidewalk I want to put a grenade up their behind and pull the pin.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I spit in the toilet at home when pissing sometimes... but never felt the urge to do it at a public urinal.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Hell no. Urinals are nasty. I don't want to be opening my mouth anywhere near them.

I only spit when I need to, and it's always into a trash can.

PSA: Spitting into a drinking fountain is nasty! :|

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: cashman
Originally posted by: So
One time I found feces in a urinal. That one freaked me out. I pretty much backed out of that bathroom and went to piss somewhere else.

:Q

One of the "Special Kids" at my elementary school did that. :disgust:

- M4H

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
why do you find it strange?? is there a more appropriate place to "spit"?? if not, then basically you are saying that the act of "spitting" itself is gross, which is fine, but it seems like a really strange way of saying it.

it would seem like the bathroom would be the most appropriate place to do things like spitting, farting and other bodily excretions.

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
Originally posted by: Ketteringo
No.

Why do restaurants/bars put ice in the urinals? I saw it for the first time in Canada, very odd I thought.

It's Canada. They have to do something with all that ice, eh?

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
why do you find it strange?? is there a more appropriate place to "spit"?? if not, then basically you are saying that the act of "spitting" itself is gross, which is fine, but it seems like a really strange way of saying it.

it would seem like the bathroom would be the most appropriate place to do things like spitting, farting and other bodily excretions.
Seriously. That's what restrooms are for.

And they put ice in the urinals to accomodate those who don't flush, to cut down the smell, and especially if they're expecting a large amount of people.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: werk
Originally posted by: XZeroII
I pee in urinals *blush*
You disgusting bastard.

Precisely

seriously tho, i've seen guys spit in drinking fountains, in sinks etc. seems to me that urinals are the most appropriate, seems really strange to ask it here as if it was a weird thing to do.

rmrf

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
of course. it can't be any worse than pissing in it, and I don't know of many places in my office building to hock one onto the floor.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
I don't use urinals because I REFUSE to touch the flusher. I go into the stall, take a leak, and flush with my foot.

And no, I don't spit in it.

Rilescat

Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: bradruth
Originally posted by: Ketteringo
No.

Why do restaurants/bars put ice in the urinals? I saw it for the first time in Canada, very odd I thought.

To cool that piss off. DUH!

Do you have any idea how hot piss can wear down a set of pipes?

Yes, and the extra lead lining is to decrease the radiation.

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
If I'm there and I feel the need to spit, I don't see a reason why I shouldn't. I don't make it a habit though.

I do however make sure the the spit string never is long enough so where it is touching the urinal and is coming out of my mouth at the same time however. ;)

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Xionide
Originally posted by: dighn
i've seen gum in urinals... bastards :|

y are you pissed off about it its not like you have to clean it up, or do you?

no. and im not really pissed off. i just get annoyed by inconsiderate actions like that.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
I don't use urinals because I REFUSE to touch the flusher. I go into the stall, take a leak, and flush with my foot.

And no, I don't spit in it.

Do you wash your hands when you're done? If so, what is your concern about touching the flusher?