Poll::*Favorite Softdrink* Updated(3/23@7:00)

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Doctor Pepper and Coke (Classic) are my favorites. I don't drink softdrink as much as I used to because I need to keep my ballerina figure. :wine:

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Well my favorite is Cherry Coke. But my normal drink is Diet Coke or Diet Cherry Coke. But I voted Cherry Coke since it is my favorite...

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Diet pepsi...regular pepsi is so sugary its almost "sticky" as it goes down.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: gherald
I love Dr. Pepper and my whole family thinks I am weird... good to see I am not alone, maybe it is a geek thing?
It isn't a geek thing, it is a caffeine thing. Dr. Pepper out of the tap has the most caffeine of ANY popular soda. Many people mistakenly think Mt Dew has more (although, from the can Mt Dew has a touch more than Dr Pepper). But the caffeine gets you semi addicted and you just keep coming back. If you add up the slight flavor varieties, Mt Dew is in 2nd place (2nd most amount of caffeine from the tap). The downward trend with caffeine is not a coincidence. To me, Dr. Pepper is the worst tasting drink I've ever had.

Edit: statistics above are for regular Dr. Pepper vs regular Mt Dew. I don't know if the different flavors of each vary in caffeine levels.

I voted for root beer. My true favorite pops are Ruby Red Squirt, Welches Grape, and Sunkist Orange. I refuse to vote a generic grape or a generic orange since most grape and orange pops suck (McDonald's orange for example makes me want to gag). There is also a huge variety in root beers - but I like almost all of them very well. Barq's is good root beer, but why ignore all the rest of the individual brands? That is why I voted for the generic root beer.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
am I blind or is there no pepsi Twist option?

BTW, Dr Pepper isn't bad, but I actually prefer the generic versions (Dr Sparkle, Mr Pibb, Dr Thunder, etc)

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003
1 part cheap Beer
3 parts Schwepps Diet Ginger ale

+ a dash of blackcurrent juice (Ribena brand)
+ wedge of lime.

Now that's a soft drink that i can drink all day :beer:

Jan 18, 2001
For all you Dr. Pepper fans, I recommend a pilgramage to the Dr Pepper Museum in Waco, Texas.

If you can manage it, make sure you ask the soda jerk to shoot you a Waco. ;)

Also, you can purchase Dublin Dr. Pepper there. DP made with cane sugar, rather than corn sugar. :D

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003
Originally posted by: HomeBrewerDude

If you can manage it, make sure you ask the soda jerk to shoot you a Waco. ;)

I'm not askin any wacko from Waco to shoot me :Q
Thank You Very Much!