Poll: Ever been in JAIL? Arrested?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
No to both, but I have been 'detained' by the cops on two occasions.

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Yep. Unpaid ticket went to warrant.

The cool part was that the cop knew it would cost $200 to pay off the warrant. He asked me if I had $200. I said nope. He asked if I could easily get $200. I said if I could get to an ATM machine, yes.

So the cop drove me to an ATM machine, allowed me to withdraw $200, and put me in the cell until the paperwork was processed, and allowed me to pay my warrant off.

Konigin

Platinum Member
Jan 21, 2003
I've seen the inside of a lot of jails, but never because I committed a crime.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Spamela
no jail, no arrests, no speeding tickets (ever), nada.

being the son of a police officer will do that to you.

Yeah I was lucky enough when I was in High School to have a MOM that worked for the local P.D.

Never got a ticket or in any trouble.

I made up for that to some extent later, when I got in the service....

BTW: I don't know WHAT is up with the poll.

Seldom do I mess with them.

Screwed this one up irreparably, or so it would appear. :confused:

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: nodoubts2k
I got arrested like 8 months ago for doing grafitti with a friend :(

You got arrested 8 months? or you mean you got sentenced to jail for 8 months? And what the hell were you grafitting to get that kind of time?!

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: galvanizedyankee
Once in 8-81. Drunk on m/c @ 100mph on PCH, BAC .22.
Not cited for speeding, only for DUI. In the OC Jail 18hrs.
Still a little drunk when released. Bail after 4 AA meetings,$172.00.
Those days are long gone. Have not smelled the cork since 5-82,
and have never been to jail since.

Looking back on it, they saved my life or someone elses................:sun:

Congrats on giving up alcohol. I haven't been arrested, but I was questioned by the police for accidentally kicking my neighbor's door in... yeah that sucked. Fortunately the neighbor and landlord both declined to press charges, and they fixed the door so I didn't even have to pay for it.

PlasticJesus

Mar 16, 2001
I was handcuffed and taken to a barber shop once and forced to pay for a haircut that I had previously refused to pay for. This at Pearl Harbor. The barber lady had really done a number on me. Handcuffed 'cause the police guy had to give me a ride in his car.

Supposedly arrested for carrying a weapon without a permit after whippin' a .45 out on a guy in Waikiki. These days the courts of the City and County of Honolulu say that even under oath I can swear that I was never so much as arrested for any such thing, so I guess it didn't really happen. Hasn't been my sort of thing for years. Am very much anti- armchair mercenary these days.

nodoubts2k

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Moralpanic
Originally posted by: nodoubts2k
I got arrested like 8 months ago for doing grafitti with a friend :(

You got arrested 8 months? or you mean you got sentenced to jail for 8 months? And what the hell were you grafitting to get that kind of time?!

No no, it happened 8 months ago. We spent one night in jail, if that much.

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
Originally posted by: dtyn
Originally posted by: Maverick
arrested for a DUI a month after turning 21...cuffed and put in the back of a squad car...by far the worst experience of my life. You feel like a complete thug sitting in the back of a squad car with your hands cuffed behind you. Luckily didn't have to be in a cell...just a waiting room. Roommate came by and picked me up after they let me go with the ticket.

I'm going to refrain from letting my rage get the better of me and simply say, you got off way too easy. I got worse than you for protecting myself. Be glad you don't live in Tennessee, I wish you did.

I'm not proud of what happened, but I still remember it as one of the worst experiences of my life. I'm sorry that I didn't suffer enough for your standards. Do you wanna come over and beat the sh!t out of me so you can feel better?

I learned my lesson, get over it.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Well, i've been arrested quite a few times. Spent overnight in jail one time, a month in 'county' jail one time, another for a few weeks, and almost 3 years in a max, and then a high med pound my ass prison (but didn't get my ass pounded).

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
My twin brother was jailed because he drove through a lot after an off-duty cop told his friends to go home (He was just going to ask why, hadn't been told himself)

The cop made up charges like "Prowling & loitering" then didn't show up in court so to this day he is "charged but not proven innocent"

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: CZroe
My twin brother was jailed because he drove through a lot after an off-duty cop told his friends to go home (He was just going to ask why, hadn't been told himself)

The cop made up charges like "Prowling & loitering" then didn't show up in court so to this day he is "charged but not proven innocent"

That's not right. You're innocent until proven guilty... unless you live in China.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
No, that's only "in the court of law" but any future employer and such can pull it up and judge you by it.

I've specifically seen advertisements for record-clearing services with lines like: "Charged but never convicted? We'll clear your record!"

NEWKILLA

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000

I refuse to answer this question on the grounds it may incriminate me

and be used against me in a court of law--if i can t afford an attorny

one will be appointed *****SCARY WORDS****

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: CZroe
No, that's only "in the court of law" but any future employer and such can pull it up and judge you by it.

I've specifically seen advertisements for record-clearing services with lines like: "Charged but never convicted? We'll clear your record!"

I'm 90% sure that only government employers and law enforcement agencies can pull up records like that, not private enterprises. Private enterprises can only see if you've been convicted or not. As I said, I'm 90% sure, but I could be wrong.

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
I have been arrested and jailed over night... it sucks and I will never let it happen to me again!