POLL: Do you use Listerine to kill your canker sores?

Lifer

Banned
Feb 17, 2003
It stings like hell for 30 seconds, but then after awhile, it gets it numb.
I notice they go away faster too.

Anghang

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2001
i use campophenique...sometimes i'll gargle with listerine first then put the ointment on...it works fast...couple of days and i'm back to eating salty, sour and hot foods :-D

Crappopotamus

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2002
i have this tube of antibacterial stuff that also numbs it and dries it out. its good stuff. forms a little layer over it.

cressida

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Crappopotamus
i have this tube of antibacterial stuff that also numbs it and dries it out. its good stuff. forms a little layer over it.

what it called? I hate getting those.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
I just rub a lot of salt on it, then let it disolve, twice and then I swish salt water around in my mouth for a while.

Lifer

Banned
Feb 17, 2003
Originally posted by: ScottyB
I just rub a lot of salt on it, then let it disolve, twice and then I swish salt water around in my mouth for a while.

tried that once. hurt like a bitch, never again will i do that.

Theres also this medication cream in a tube called anbesol that works.

Zrom999

Banned
Apr 13, 2003
Isopropyl alcohol on a cloth or tissue. Put it in your mouth overnight on the sore. Wake up next day, its gone.

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
No. I'll use Medicated Blistex (lip balm) iff I don't have kanka or another OTC canker sore pain reliever. Blistex has the same effect, hurts like hell for a few seconds then it's numb for quite a while. But the canker sore med stuff lasts longer--but has a slightly worse taste (both are awful).

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Sort of....I brush the sore until it bleeds, then rinse with saltwater, after that I soak a q-tip in Listerine and dab it on the canker sore.....gone the next day.

Apathetic

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2002
Originally posted by: acidvoodoo
whats a canker sore?

It's a small ulcer on the inside of your mouth (it's not a cold sore). They last a few days and can hurt a lot.

Dave

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: idNut
Originally posted by: CrazyPerson
maybe i will give it a try

Wow, earlier tonight I saw his posts were 500 and now they're up to 570. :Q

I did 230 in a day when I was unemployed. from just over 4k to 10k in 2 months. *shrugs* when ya got nothign to do, it goes fast.