POLL: Do you signal before changing lanes/turning?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
always...if you dont put on your signal I will hit you...I drive a pos car just so I can smash people that make me mad

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Ylen13
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt
Always, like it is required by law.

interesting, was no aware of this

Not surprising. You don't seem to be aware of a lot of motor vehicle and traffic laws. Either that or you just think you're entitled to disregard them. :disgust:

Vortex22

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2000
If there is someone there to see it, then I signal.

If I'm the only one on the road then I don't bother.

CClyph

Dec 20, 2001
Always.

It's a pet peeve of mine too when people don't signal. I always think of those people as the ones that are too stupid to drive and signal at the same time, kind of like walking and chewing gum.

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
If I need to change lanes and there is traffic, yes.
If I need to turn and there are cars behind me (or waiting to get out of the place I'm turning, etc... where someone can benefit by my using them) yes.

Otherwise, usually not.

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Always. Most of the time I don't signal when turning into my driveway but there's never been anyone behind me the three years we've lived here, so I'm not too concerned about that. Otherwise, all the time.

Konigin

Platinum Member
Jan 21, 2003
Always, though I have missed it a few times, I think you should let other drivers know what you are going to do.

Jan 31, 2002
Always. Turn signals are meant to signify "I am about to change heading" - that's what I use them for.

BTW, pulling in front of you + four-ways = "Something on the ass-end of your car is about to explode/fall off, pull over"

- M4H

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Always

Well...maybe once in a while if I'm driving at about 2am and there's NO ONE around I might neglect to. But, when merging, turning, etc....always.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You're an idiot if you don't and you're in traffic.

vegetation

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
I always do. Though I admit on a few occasions I haven't while driving on barren roads through the desert in Nevada (no cars for dozens of miles). I agree it's insane to not signal in any urban type environment.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: TheWart
100% - made it a habit early on.

Damn right ...I feel 'dirty' if i don't

I'll fly right by you on the road, but i am most likely driving 50x as safe

cjgallen

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2003
ALWAYS!!!!!!!

What really bothers me is people that signal when they've already begun changing lanes or tuning. :| ARRRRRRRG

/rips out hair

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: cjgallen
ALWAYS!!!!!!!

What really bothers me is people that signal when they've already begun changing lanes or tuning. :| ARRRRRRRG

/rips out hair

Capable drivers know that Ford Festiva's can snese fear and are attracted to the light.

Siganling is done at the time of attack to thrwart pouning