POLL: Do you like the band Sublime?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Sublime reminds me of Nirvana. Fun to listen to, but they will never be remembered as great.

caitlion

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
they are my favorite band ever :) i dont think that ive met anyone that hasnt liked them either. unless they hadnt heard of them before.

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Sublime reminds me of Nirvana. Fun to listen to, but they will never be remembered as great.

well thatz debatable,
Nirvana might not be remembered for being great but they will be remembered for starting the whole Grunge scene which eventually killed hair metal (thank god for that) and brought other awsome grunge bands into spotlight too (AIC, sound garden )

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: kalster
Originally posted by: Chaotic42

well thatz debatable,
Nirvana might not be remembered for being great but they will be remembered for starting the whole Grunge scene which eventually killed hair metal (thank god for that)

Heh, well, it's true about Nirvana. They did, at least for the public, start a new trend.

I don't know that Sublime did much of anything, other than come out with a few fun songs.

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
Yes. The "Greatest Hits" album is one of my favorite albums to date...

EDIT: BTW, if you really like Sublime and you don't already know, check out the band Slightly Stoopid, esp. their song, "Runnin' With a Gun." Fun stuff.

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
Originally posted by: johnjohn320
Where's the "they're alright" option?

Yeah. Not "great", not "horrible". Like most of the rest of the music I've heard.

crawford

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2002
My favorite band ever, I have like 2 gigs worth of mp3s from them. I like bradley so much that even wierd songs that most people hate, I love.

jonmullen

Platinum Member
Jun 17, 2002
Originally posted by: flxnimprtmscl
Indeed I do. You just couldn't not like some of there stuff. For example, if there's a person out there who doesn't like date rape or smoke two joints I've yet to meet them.

amen

Chu

Banned
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: mpitts
I started to think about this the other day. I don't know if I have ever run into someone who didn't like Sublime's music. I think they were one of the rare bands who's songs transcended genres.

Wow, the number of people who chose that 3rd option makes me feal old . . .

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: kalster
lot of ppl like linkin park too, doesnt make them great either

1 - I never said they were "great".

2 - My point was that a lot of people seemed to like their music, no matter what their musical taste.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Chu
Originally posted by: mpitts
I started to think about this the other day. I don't know if I have ever run into someone who didn't like Sublime's music. I think they were one of the rare bands who's songs transcended genres.

Wow, the number of people who chose that 3rd option makes me feal old . . .

Seriously...

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Mucho gusto me llamo bradley i'm hornier than ron jeremy
And if you wanna get popped in your knee
Just wipe that look off your bati face
You hate me cause i got what you need, a pretty little daughter that we call mixie
If you wanna get beat physically
It will be over in a minute if you

So she told me to come over and i took that trip
And then she pulled out my mushroom tip
And when it came out it went drip drip drip
I didn't know she had the GI. Joe kung fu grip
And it went uuh and the girl caress me down
:Q

:D

caitlion

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
Originally posted by: crawford
My favorite band ever, I have like 2 gigs worth of mp3s from them. I like bradley so much that even wierd songs that most people hate, I love.

there are weird songs that most people hate?

i dont see how anyone could not like sublime. we should probably just kill those kind of people, theyre not good for the world.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: flxnimprtmscl
Indeed I do. You just couldn't not like some of there stuff. For example, if there's a person out there who doesn't like date rape or smoke two joints I've yet to meet them.

About half of the women I've known don't like Date Rape.

I love all their music and get myself into trouble a lot when I'm playing that CD on random and that song comes on. Smoke two joints is a different story though, everyone loves that song.

josphII

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
they are my favorite band, especially 40oz. as a matter of fact i went to the same high school as they did, separated by 6 yrs i believe.

one of my current roomates graduated with them and has an old demo tape of them w/ like 3 songs (he's a musician also). unfortunetely they sound too much like the final version for me to record to the computer