Poll: Do you have Tom Brady on your Fantasy Football team? How are you doing so far?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Phokus
Originally posted by: spacejamz
i think I did pretty good yesterday...I had to pick up Seattle's defense because of Pittsburgh's bye week...overall, i am 5-1 after yesterday...

Text

Holy Crap.... Brady, LDT, Steve Smith and AP all on the same team? You must have the best team in the league :eek:

Edit: how many teams in your league?

ten team league in Yahoo...i came in last place last year so I had the 1st pick...definitely not complaining about my team this year...

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
Originally posted by: G Wizard
i have brady. in my 12 team league i picked 10th and took him first.

everyone in my league made so much fun of me. 'welcome to 10th place!'

who's laughing now?!

me! thats who.

I'm in first in that league by the way w/ 5-1 record.

Everyone made fun of me for picking Matt Stover early. Hah!

i picked brady in the 4th round. got westbrook, Fitzgerald and R Bush all ahead of Brady.

but, as to the Kicker, i picked up Stover off waivers, so, what would an early pick have done for me?

frankly, i didn't draft that well, i've already dropped 9 of my original 16 draft choices.

PepePeru

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2005
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
Originally posted by: G Wizard
i have brady. in my 12 team league i picked 10th and took him first.

everyone in my league made so much fun of me. 'welcome to 10th place!'

who's laughing now?!

me! thats who.

I'm in first in that league by the way w/ 5-1 record.

Everyone made fun of me for picking Matt Stover early. Hah!

my team in that league is pretty freakin' strong. i made a trade early in the year, traded Terrell Owens & Julius Jones for Adrian Peterson (vikings) and Deion Branch. Starters listed for this week, with notable bench players.

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Reggie Bush
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB/WR: LenDale White (LaMont Jordan)
WR: Wes Welker
WR: Donte Stallworth (Deion Branch)
TE: Chris Cooley (Heath Miller)
DEF: Bears
D: Lance Briggs
K: Phil Dawson

We play w/ one defensive player.
Needless to say, i kicked some major ass this week and set a record for scoring in my league.

seipheroth

Feb 1, 2006
I'm now 6-0, 1st place in my FFL, thanks in large part to Tom Brady. Obviously this week was quite a good one with Brady tossing five TDs, and it also helped that Tomlinson had a breakout performance this season against the Raiders :D

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Yahoo's autodraft picked Brady for me in the 4th round. Talk about a steal!!! :D

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
I am 5-1. My quarterbacks have been:

1) Jake Delhomme till he got injured
2) Trent Green
3) Jason Campbell
4) Brian Griese

luckily the rest of my team is stacked.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
I never had the chance to take him. I was the first pick so took LT obviously, and my second round pick was in the 8 spot. He was gone before i could have a chance to take him again. That said, i'm 4-2 after this week.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
No Brady, but I do have Peyton Manning, Tony Romo and Derek Anderson in my 4 leagues (Peyton x2) so I'm doing pretty well at QB!

kstu

Golden Member
Feb 23, 2004
I'm in first at 5-1 in my 12-team league, my starting quarterback pick was Marc Bulger. Luckily, I scooped up Derek Anderson before anyone else.

preCRT

Platinum Member
Apr 12, 2000
Tried but was unable to draft Brady this year; I have fantasies about him though, does that count? :D

seipheroth

Feb 1, 2006
I'm certainly glad Brady threw for six touchdowns this week. With Tomlinson and the Chargers in their bye week, Brady's performance will help make up for that :)

HomerSapien

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2000
Yes i have Brady in my two leagues..

One league - 4th place, but i am the points leader and making a strong come back. (I have stephen no show jackson on this team)
2nd league - 2nd place because i didnt realize the rules allowed more than one running back until the 6-7th round....I feel like an idiot. I picked up lendale white this morning and forgot to start him. This league is a 12 team league. Again i am the points leader, but my running backs are crap.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: preCRT
Tried but was unable to draft Brady this year; I have fantasies about him though, does that count? :D

I don't blame you, he has such dreamy eyes :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:D

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: spacejamz
i think I did pretty good yesterday...I had to pick up Seattle's defense because of Pittsburgh's bye week...overall, i am 5-1 after yesterday...

Text

my team still did decent this week...unless peyton/jones-drew go off for more than 66 points tomorrow night, I should win again this week...[/knocks on wood]...

Text

starting walter (HOU WR) paid off nicely today...

RC159

Sep 27, 2000
after the dallas game, i'm 2-4, even with tom. almost every week, i put up the second highest score, and my opponent puts up the highest

I'm in 7th place out of 8 teams. Have 140 points this week. The team I'm playing has 83.1 points with Peyton Manning and Dallas Clark left to play. I should take this one, but always end up with the 2nd highest points and the team I play has the most. My QB's are Roethlisberger and Derek Anderson. Can't wait for WR Andre Johnson of Houston to get back on the field.

RC159

Sep 27, 2000
after the dallas game, i'm 2-4, even with tom. almost every week, i put up the second highest score, and my opponent puts up the highest

I'm in 7th place out of 8 teams. Have 140 points this week. The team I'm playing has 83.1 points with Peyton Manning and Dallas Clark left to play. I should take this one, but always end up with the 2nd highest points and the team I play has the most. My QB's are Roethlisberger and Derek Anderson. Can't wait for WR Andre Johnson of Houston to get back on the field.

Freaking mouse caused me to double post.

Valhalla1

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
I have Brady, Moss, Plaxico, Westbrook, Witten, Marion Barber, I'm running over this league

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
messed up week for me...

brady is on my team in one league and in my other league, I played the team that has Brady...

so I won my league (Brady got me 46 points and Colston got me 32 :) - score is 131-92 and I still have Brandon Marshall tomorrow night)..

In my other league, Brady got my opponent 42 points and I am down by 5 pts and but have B Marshall on the team as well..hopefully that DUI thing won't affect him too much and he can get over 50 yards of receptions...