Poll: Do you have decision paralysis when starting RPGs?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Your usual style?

• 1 - Go in blind and just wing it.

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • 2 - Light research before playing.

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • 3 - Heavy research before playing, one or two restarts if needed to achieve a good start.

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • 4 - Accept nothing less than perfect min/max optimized gameplay, restart until achieved.

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
i got intimidated by the character creation process in morrowind. too many options.
The heavy research I did with Oblivion really helped there. Aside from some small differences, Morrowind works pretty much as Oblivion does.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
The heavy research I did with Oblivion really helped there. Aside from some small differences, Morrowind works pretty much as Oblivion does.

i got intimidated by the character creation process in oblivion. too many options.

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000
I'm closer to 3, but I'd prefer I wouldn't obsess over things as much as I tend to sometimes. It ends up being a roadblock to starting many games in my backlog since the thought of 'required' research before playing means getting to the actual fun of playing the game is further away than my motivation might carry me.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
I buy most of these types of games release day so research isn't really an option. I'll read as much as I can in the creation menus, but that about it. I mostly want to make sure I pick a class/playstyle that sounds interesting. In single players games that's not too hard. every class tends to be capable. In MMORPGs that's a bigger deal as you can get roped into a support class you don't like. Single player games tend to be so easy these days that its hard to make a bad choice unless you continually make bad decisions the whole game.