• Yes

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 92.5%

• Total voters

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
According to Trump quoted "Democrats hate Jews".

Do you agree or disagree?

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
There's a big difference between hating Americans vs hating the Trump government and all the terrible things stands for.

Similarly there's a big difference between hating Israelis and the Israeli government and all the terrible things it stands for.

I haven't seen one democrat verbally say anything against jews unlike Trumpers who constantly deny the holocaust, and blame our problems on jews and want to shoot them up like near Pittsburgh. All I've seen is we need to stop giving Israel money and spend it on our own country which is a good thing. For people that really care about Israel.. they can just donate out of their bank accounts or Israel can start a go fund me.

From Trump this is just a page out of Goebbels.. accuse the other side of what you are guilty of.

Q. E. D.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I think to understand the this issue you have to know something about Biblicall prophecy and self hate creates an unconscious desire to destroy oneself. People who long to see the end of the world unconsciously work to bring it about. The Jewish thing is full of the madness of fear. The misunderstanding of religion can make people mentally ill. It also attracts people who already are mentally ill.

As far as I am concerned, a Jew can refer to a blood line or a religious tradition. There are unknown numbers of blood lines and religions as far as I am concerned, to which I have equal appreciation and indifference. People are people and I look for how they act as individuals.

Reactions: whm1974

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Poll question is unanswerable because it is a simplistic bifurcation. Needs more than 2 options.

Not many scientific polls compare dems to reps on the question of anti-semitism. There's been a couple IIRC. I was able to find this one which was taken in 2009 right after the financial crisis:

http://bostonreview.net/archives/BR34.3/stateofthenation.php

In order to assess explicit prejudice toward Jews, we directly asked respondents “How much to blame were the Jews for the financial crisis?” with responses falling under five categories: a great deal, a lot, a moderate amount, a little, not at all. Among non-Jewish respondents, a strikingly high 24.6 percent of Americans blamed “the Jews” a moderate amount or more, and 38.4 percent attributed at least some level of blame to the group.

Interestingly, Democrats were especially prone to blaming Jews: while 32 percent of Democrats accorded at least moderate blame, only 18.4 percent of Republicans did so (a statistically significant difference).

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
This whole Ilhan Omar thing has been one giant Kafkaesque mind fuck from beggining to... Wherever we are in the news cycle right now.

Whole time I've been sitting here thinking "How is keeping foreign influence out of our government somehow equal anti-Semitism, i literally can't even".

I mean, between Russia and Saudi, I thought now would be the right time to talk about putting foreign interests in front of our own (especially in the form of lobbying in DC) but I guess that's crazy.

Anyhow, answer is "No" to the OP BTW.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
The fascist-right loves to equal disagreeing with the current Israeli government to hating all Jews, something which they don't do for any other religious group or race. I hate Al Qaida and IS and their tens of thousands of supporters worldwide, but not the rest of the Muslims. I hate Trump and his tens of millions of supporters, but not the rest of the US. Basically I hate all fascists, but not humans.

Reactions: edblor and HomerJS

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
The fascist-right loves to equal disagreeing with the current Israeli government to hating all Jews, something which they don't do for any other religious group or race. I hate Al Qaida and IS and their tens of thousands of supporters worldwide, but not the rest of the Muslims. I hate Trump and his tens of millions of supporters, but not the rest of the US. Basically I hate all fascists, but not humans.
quite a few on the right hate muslims with a passion and without rhyme or reason, more so than they hate on jews.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
My stance on that part of the world...

Kissing Bibi's ass is not Middle East policy.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Poll question is unanswerable because it is a simplistic bifurcation. Needs more than 2 options.

Not many scientific polls compare dems to reps on the question of anti-semitism. There's been a couple IIRC. I was able to find this one which was taken in 2009 right after the financial crisis:

http://bostonreview.net/archives/BR34.3/stateofthenation.php

It's a question that cannot properly be answered. Some Dems? Sure. Some of the biggest racists I ever knew loved blacks and Jews and JFK, until a black family moved onto our street.

I can't possibly give an answer of yes or no, and as you say there's no good data.

My answer is therefore "42"

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Why would I hate anyone I don't know specifics about? I don't dislike or like any "general" group of people.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2012
I honestly just don't even understand anti-semitism in the slightest.

Maybe there just isn't much for Jews in the south for me to even know? Either way, I consider most Jews to be civilized and damn decent humans. I guess some people get butt-hurt that Jews are (I guess stereo-typically) pretty good with money?

EDIT: To answer the poll question - certainly no.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I think the hatred of jews in NYC is because of the massive measles outbreak lately!

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

Maybe there just isn't much for Jews in the south for me to even know? Either way, I consider most Jews to be civilized and damn decent humans. I guess some people get butt-hurt that Jews are (I guess stereo-typically) pretty good with money?

I live on the west cost and have the exact same opinion, I don't get jew hate.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I am wondering if the "hate" is on the Hasidic types of jews, not just being jewish. I certainly know, and I hate saying it like this, regular jews for the most part despise the Hasidic ones.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
I think the hatred of jews in NYC is because of the massive measles outbreak lately!

I thought it was because there weren't enough quality bagel shops, everyone knows that the Jews make the best bagels in the world.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

The poll I linked above shows ~25% of Americans blaming "the Jews" for the financial crisis in 2009.

Anti-semitism is very much alive in the US whether you see it where you live or not.

Nov 8, 2012
The poll I linked above shows ~25% of Americans blaming "the Jews" for the financial crisis in 2009.

Anti-semitism is very much alive in the US whether you see it where you live or not.

No no - don't misunderstand my post. I'm not saying that Anti-semitism doesn't exist or is rare or anything.

I'm saying I have no fucking clue WHAT their reasoning is - or argument is as far as why they don't like Jews. The most I ever see is related to "Jews have all the money and control all the media" or some shit like that - which isn't so much Anti-semitism but just plain conspiracy theory morons.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
No no - don't misunderstand my post. I'm not saying that Anti-semitism doesn't exist or is rare or anything.

I'm saying I have no fucking clue WHAT their reasoning is - or argument is as far as why they don't like Jews. The most I ever see is related to "Jews have all the money and control all the media" or some shit like that - which isn't so much Anti-semitism but just plain conspiracy theory morons.

No, it's anti-Semitism. That sort of argument about Jewish control and Jewish money goes back 2000 years. Conspiracy theories are a feature of anti-Semitism, not a bug. Virtually all anti-Semitism is based on conspiracy theories.