Poll: Deoderant vs Anti-Perspirant vs Nothing

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Which do you use?

• Deoderant

• Anti-Perspirant

• Nothing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Most days I use nothing, but when I do feel the need to alleviate pit-smell I use regular deodorant. Anti-persperant irritates me too much.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Anti-Perspirant.

It's happened to me a few times where I accidentally buy a regular deodorant, and I smell like ass like 5 minutes into any kind of physical work.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
I'll use deodorant if its really hot, or due to the circumstances that i require an italian shower.

but if i'm just going to sit in a cubicle I don't bother, cause I don't sweat then.

Apr 20, 2008
My partner uses nothing, but sometimes i go with deoderant if i havent showered in a few days. I used to smell horrible if I didn't goa day without AP, but now that my body isn't so damn eager to sweat, well, it doesn't very much.

I used to sweat like a fuckin pig everywhere in school when i used AP. Wing it off and your body gets back to how it should be functioning.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
I haven't found anything that actually can bring my sweating to a reasonable level. I don't even have to be active for my pits to drip. Sitting in class I can have large wet patches, just sucks.

I never smell bad, and I can tell when I do, so I've stuck to what always keeps me smellin' fresh. :) But not sweating? Figure I'm not doing any harm to my body if everything I've tried has yet to ever keep me dry.
Not even that stuff you put on at night every night (or ever other night). I can use that and a combo stick and still sweat like a pig.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
My partner uses nothing, but sometimes i go with deoderant if i havent showered in a few days. I used to smell horrible if I didn't goa day without AP, but now that my body isn't so damn eager to sweat, well, it doesn't very much.

I used to sweat like a fuckin pig everywhere in school when i used AP. Wing it off and your body gets back to how it should be functioning.

Are you saying you stopped using AP, moved to deodorant only, and sweat less?
Was it that way immediately, or did you go awhile sweating even more?

It might make sense for the body to adjust to a foreign chemical and increase the drive to perspire. It doesn't want to have it's natural functioning disturbed.
I might have to try this.

El Guaraguao

Diamond Member
May 7, 2008
I fucking hate the smell of body odor.

It all happened when my mother took us to Disney world when we were kids. It was a HOT clear summer time day. Rather than spend a mortgage payment on 1 bottle of water, we started to hunt down a water fountain. Looking through the crowd of people we spot a 3-in-1 water fountain. Perfect, we all get to drink. So we walked towards the fountain when this group of hippos came charging in towards the water fountain. 3 FAT, im talking about 400lbs+, has their own gravity, able to cast a solar eclipse if they jumped in the air, kind of fat. They beat us to the water fountain and right as they bent down to drink the water, what looked like a canyon opening up, they lifted up their arms and emitted this horrific smell. I shit you not, I gagged and almost blacked out. I cant even describe the smell that came from their armpits. Needless to say, we didn't wait for the hippos to finish, we ran away from that water fountain.

tboo

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000
Im a head sweater so I dont sweat at all in my pits.-no need for anti-perspirant, just deoderant for me.