Poll: Current Internet Browser

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

najar

Apr 8, 2000
I'M SHOCKED!!! No one so far has mentioned Opera. Opera is one of the best applications i have ever used let alone the best browser. It is efficient, feature packed, very customizable, tweakable, stable and very fast with displaying pages. I'm currently using the version 5 registered. But the Adware version 5 is now for free. And the reason i'm using it is not because my system is too slow to run IE and NS. I'm using it on a PIII 600 System.:Q

jacobnero6918

Sep 30, 2000
I may download opera 5.0 take a look at it but I doubt I want anymore adware than what I have now. I'm certainly not paying for it when netscape and IE are for free.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Opera 5.0 right now. I like it better than IE5.5 now that it's free (well adware, but you'd never notice it, really - my Callwave Internet Answering Machine ad sits right on top of it).

XeonTux

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2000
I tried opera a few years ago on a windows system. I haven't tried it recently because I heard th linux version *still* blows chunks.

I didn't particularly like how all browser windows are confined to one main window, but the ZOOM feature is something I wish I had. Some sites like to force tiny fonts that look like ant turds in 1600x1200.