Poll: Creationism Trumps Evolution

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jhu

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: housecat

oh great a islamic fascist who wants to cut my head off. lataz.

meet President Bush here....
*AKs blares*
*housecat looks at dead bodies*

nice! :thumbsup: um.. infidel.

ps. infidel is a word created by the crusaders for the muslims so plz.. find your own insults there.
or just keep hating western civ.. while ripping off half our technology and language, oh and enjoy living in europe/america.

the dutch are at least taking care of you guys. :D maybe joerg haider in germany will pull out a little whoopass on ya'll too.

i didn't really give it much thought, but now that you mention it, if you really do want your head cut off, there are many here who can direct you in the use of the proper tools.

housecat

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: conjur
LOL! Yeah....I'm a lib. Sure...right. Socially liberal, fiscally conservative...sounds Libertarian to me.

wow you fooled me. and everyone else

you are still a lib whether you realize it or not. you dont sound like a libertarian to me at all. you pander to liberal causes so hard, more than any libertarian I've ever met.

you'd be kinder to republican viewpoints if you were libertarian. but you are damn near hateful.

its gotta suck to be part of the loser party tho, be a cold day in hell when you guys mean anything in america.

Gigantopithecus

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2004
"ignorance is bliss"? why because someone has the brain power to comprehend that there is the possibility of a higher power?

I'll grant you that possibility. Now show me empirical evidence supporting your proposition.

but your political leanings dont allow your great mind from going THAT far!
That'd be a conservative thought!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

What were you saying about dumbass comments? Conservatism is a general political framework that while often tied to religion in this nation, doesn't necessarily have anything at all to do with religion.

Its sad that these days the liberals have turned into mindless WYSIWYG morons

some things, you just cant understand conjur. one of those many things is God and the creation of the universe.

Well, if there's some things we can't understand, we might as well slink back into the caves, or better yet go climb back up trees.

Just because you dont get it, doesnt mean you are right and they are "ignorant". You are JUST as ignorant as a Christian like myself.

No comment on anyone's ignorance save my own - but you're quickly declining into a pointless pot kettle black. This is an ineffective argumentative technique.

You dont have any more proof than I do that God exists or doesnt exist.
The difference between us is, I have faith that our creator loves and has purpose for us.

Your faith is irrelevant to any serious discussion of real-world scientific matters. Faith is by definition supernatural, whereas evolutionary biology and other sciences are natural. This is why scientists don't seek out evidence for or against a supreme being.

It must be a sad, sad existence to have nothing to live for ultimately. I give my life to the Lord and he guides me.

Duly noted that you think anyone who doesn't share your faith lives for nothing.

Whatever happens to you, hope God has mercy on your soul. :thumbsup:

What's a soul?

People havent been on that level of intelligence since caveman days. That is, not having any mental capacity to imagine they might be a part of a bigger picture.

There's a lot of evidence to suggest that 'cavemen' were probably smarter than people living in industrial societies today.
What do you think is a bigger picture? The Earth and the universe as science has shown it to be, or some 6,000 year old semi-nomadic slave culture's hopes of an intangible supreme power that would set them free of their Egyptian masters' shackles?

Please.

housecat

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: Gigantopithecus
"ignorance is bliss"? why because someone has the brain power to comprehend that there is the possibility of a higher power?

I'll grant you that possibility. Now show me empirical evidence supporting your proposition.

but your political leanings dont allow your great mind from going THAT far!
That'd be a conservative thought!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

What were you saying about dumbass comments? Conservatism is a general political framework that while often tied to religion in this nation, doesn't necessarily have anything at all to do with religion.

Its sad that these days the liberals have turned into mindless WYSIWYG morons

some things, you just cant understand conjur. one of those many things is God and the creation of the universe.

Well, if there's some things we can't understand, we might as well slink back into the caves, or better yet go climb back up trees.

Just because you dont get it, doesnt mean you are right and they are "ignorant". You are JUST as ignorant as a Christian like myself.

No comment on anyone's ignorance save my own - but you're quickly declining into a pointless pot kettle black. This is an ineffective argumentative technique.

You dont have any more proof than I do that God exists or doesnt exist.
The difference between us is, I have faith that our creator loves and has purpose for us.

Your faith is irrelevant to any serious discussion of real-world scientific matters. Faith is by definition supernatural, whereas evolutionary biology and other sciences are natural. This is why scientists don't seek out evidence for or against a supreme being.

It must be a sad, sad existence to have nothing to live for ultimately. I give my life to the Lord and he guides me.

Duly noted that you think anyone who doesn't share your faith lives for nothing.

Whatever happens to you, hope God has mercy on your soul. :thumbsup:

What's a soul?

People havent been on that level of intelligence since caveman days. That is, not having any mental capacity to imagine they might be a part of a bigger picture.

There's a lot of evidence to suggest that 'cavemen' were probably smarter than people living in industrial societies today.
What do you think is a bigger picture? The Earth and the universe as science has shown it to be, or some 6,000 year old semi-nomadic slave culture's hopes of an intangible supreme power that would set them free of their Egyptian masters' shackles?

Please.

Or that history has totally followed those old semi-nomadic slave culture's beliefs.
Israel has been reinstituted. What a coincidence. Just as the Bible said.

You will die, may God have a mercy on your soul and may he not send you to damnation forever.
The chosen people also have a higher IQ than any other ethnic group. Coincidence?
Only to you.
The chosen people have been persecuted just as the bible says they are to be. Coincidence?
Only to you.
Christians are hated by growing numbers day by day. Coincidence?
Only to you.

You cant stop God, you can only deny him.. for so long. Maybe you can out talk the Creator with your babble on how you had "no idea" he existed.. maybe he'll give you a free pass.. probably not.
Thats been you and Him.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
LOL! Yeah....I'm a lib. Sure...right. Socially liberal, fiscally conservative...sounds Libertarian to me.

you are still a lib whether you realize it or not. you dont sound like a libertarian to me at all. you pander to liberal causes so hard, more than any libertarian I've ever met.

you'd be kinder to republican viewpoints if you were libertarian. but you are damn near hateful.

its gotta suck to be part of the loser party tho, be a cold day in hell when you guys mean anything in america.

I'm libertarian, die-hard fiscally conservative and socially liberal/conservative, depending on the issue.

What I cannot stand, in any form, is ignorance, and you reek of it. Anti-evolution jihadists are about as ignorant as any people I've met, so preoccupied with suppressing any evidence that discredits their worldview, so desperate for reassurance that they'll glom onto any fool who supports that ignorance. You'll endanger the freedoms so many fought and died for because you're incapable of adjusting your worldview.

You're so insecure in your faith that you'll suppress human progress to protect it. I've met many Christians who have stated that the issue of evolution doesn't threaten their faith, because they're secure in the promise of Jesus, not the Torah. How does evolution threaten Jesus' promise of life eternal?

I considered myself Republican as a youth, and it is mainly because of a forced association with people like you that I became Libertarian. You think that you're in power forever, because you garnered 51% of the vote. 51% doesn't mean jack. Try 60% for LBJ, then 60% for Nixon two terms later. You act as though just because Republicans won that the Democrats (and liberals) are somehow irrelevent. 55 million people are not irrelevent. 55 million people deserve to have their wishes, desires, and needs considered and honored as citizens and taxpayers in this nation.

You sicken me.

housecat

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: Orsorum

I'm libertarian, die-hard fiscally conservative and socially liberal/conservative, depending on the issue.

What I cannot stand, in any form, is ignorance, and you reek of it. Anti-evolution jihadists are about as ignorant as any people I've met, so preoccupied with suppressing any evidence that discredits their worldview, so desperate for reassurance that they'll glom onto any fool who supports that ignorance. You'll endanger the freedoms so many fought and died for because you're incapable of adjusting your worldview.

You're so insecure in your faith that you'll suppress human progress to protect it. I've met many Christians who have stated that the issue of evolution doesn't threaten their faith, because they're secure in the promise of Jesus, not the Torah. How does evolution threaten Jesus' promise of life eternal?

I considered myself Republican as a youth, and it is mainly because of a forced association with people like you that I became Libertarian. You think that you're in power forever, because you garnered 51% of the vote. 51% doesn't mean jack. Try 60% for LBJ, then 60% for Nixon two terms later. You act as though just because Republicans won that the Democrats (and liberals) are somehow irrelevent. 55 million people are not irrelevent. 55 million people deserve to have their wishes, desires, and needs considered and honored as citizens and taxpayers in this nation.

You sicken me.

Good. Cuz I hate your kind too pal.

Halfway conservative, mostly liberal too much of a coward to stand up to the liberal hordes and dont want to be uncool enough to be on the right side of history.

Its your kind that sickens me, you dont even have the nuts to stand up and be democrat or a true liberal. And you cant hack it as a conservative either.
So you pick and choose your side so no one can fault you.

sounds like a independant (aka, closet liberal).

thats all u are is a closet liberal.. sorry. your guise as a "fiscal conservative" doesnt mean jack.

you cant be fiscally conservative and be sincere about helping people.
You'd put MONEY (GASP!) before PEOPLE!??

And how to do you save money and remain fiscally sane without sacrificing your ability to some extent to help another person?

Sorry buddy it doesnt add up.
And you are the guy bragging about having a degree in Accounting/Economics! Woot!
You are not sincere, none of your kind is. I have more respect for a full blown liberal or conservative than some go-between coward like yourself.

Just because you dont have the nuts to really stand for something and have no idea who or what you are, doesnt mean you are wiser than the rest of us.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Halfway conservative, mostly liberal too much of a coward to stand up to the liberal hordes and dont want to be uncool enough to be on the right side of history.

The right side of history?

Its your kind that sickens me, you dont even have the nuts to stand up and be democrat or a true liberal. And you cant hack it as a conservative either.
So you pick and choose your side so no one can fault you.

Who the fvck are you to judge how I determined my belief system? The spectrum of belief is not polar, there is room for grey and there is room for interpretation. Why does it have to be one or the other?

sounds like a independant (aka, closet liberal).

On what assumption do you base that?

thats all u are is a closet liberal.. sorry. your guise as a "fiscal conservative" doesnt mean jack.

you cant be fiscally conservative and be sincere about helping people.
You'd put MONEY (GASP!) before PEOPLE!??

It is completely possible to do so, not all problems can be solved by throwing money at an issue.

Sorry buddy it doesnt add up. Its quite a paradox, people like you are.
And you are the guy bragging about having a degree in Accounting/Economics! Woot!
You are not sincere, none of your kind is. I have more respect for a full blown liberal or conservative than some go-between coward like yourself.

Again, why is it cowardice to hold beliefs that vary along the spectrum?

Just because you dont have the nuts to really stand for something doesnt mean you are wiser than the rest of us.

I stand for multiple causes in varying spheres, my ferocity of belief depending on the issue. I'm not sure why you think I fail to stand for something.

housecat

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Just answer the f'n questions

"You'd put MONEY (GASP!) before PEOPLE!?? "
Well, would you EVER put money before people or not?

"And how to do you save money and remain fiscally sane without sacrificing your ability to some extent to help another person? "
No, please do go on.
Explain this one to me, I'm ignorant remember?

Enlighten me with your college education that makes you so intelligent. You are just a politically astute young buck there!

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001

In what context?

"And how to do you save money and remain fiscally sane without sacrificing your ability to some extent to help another person? "
No, please do go on.

Elaborate on how you expect me to help another person.

housecat

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: Orsorum

In what context?

No, please do go on.

Elaborate on how you expect me to help another person.

LOL

another f'n sophist. I should have known. And from Seattle, one of Americas havens for hippy scum. Coincidence? I think not.
You cant just answer the questions plainly and directly.
its the only way a liberal can "win" an argument.

I dont know why you need all this additional context information, you are so intelligent.. just run circles around me Tex.

Let me provide the CORRECT answer for you son. Fiscally conservative, socially conservative. Take the system and liberal media head on like a man.
I believe in helping people (usually a socially liberal stance), its called help others HELP THEMSELVES

In good, conservative societies neighbors help neighbors as its the Christian way of life. You, and other liberals attempt to hold down Christianity.. in a vain attempt to cover its truth. Why take down Christian symbols durnig Christmas?
BECAUSE YOU ARE SCARED YOU CAN'T STOP US FROM TAKING OVER, and you cant.
We own you and we own this nation.
So just backup, and realize your place in the world which is very small.

Government has no place in helping people other than defending us from attack.
sorry, this comes from my natural conservative leaning to believe IN THE CONSTITUTION.
while liberal activist judges trample it and attempt to legislate from the bench

It still ultimately comes down to you and me to defend the nation.
Too bad its only conservatives that are patriotic and willing to do such.

God Bless those troops and our COMMANDER IN CHIEF! holla b*tches

Gigantopithecus

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2004

Can't speak for Orsorum but I'm sure there are at least one or two (possibly even three) hypothetical situations in which I would put money before people. Like the clothes on my back, which saved me money at the cost of maintaining unimaginable wealth inequalities between myself and the poor sweatshop laborer that made them. Where are your clothes made?

No, please do go on.

Enlighten me with your college education that makes you so intelligent. You are just a politically astute young buck there!

The short answer is you can't. I make no pretenses about it.
Why the hostility towards someone with a college education, who probably knows a thing or two about economics?

housecat

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
I have a MIS degree as well as an associates in network technology. I am not intimidated by his intelligence. Esp not yours Giga.

Just because most of us dont flaunt our education doenst mean we have none.
Wake up and smell the doo doo.

I'm sure he thinks hes some kind of incredibly intelligent liberal who can outsmart anyone.. and SIMPLETON IGNORAMUS CHRISTIAN could NEVER be right!

Ya, see you hell buddy.

Gigantopithecus

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2004
Who said anything about intelligence? That's plain to see, no credentials help with that. Education, on the other hand, is quite different. It would seem someone with a BS in Economics would know something about, well, economics.
I've said nothing of my education, for all you know I could be a high school dropout. Who's flaunting degrees irrelevant to this discussion?

housecat

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
education is useless w/o intelligence

and intelligence means little w/o education

so if the guy isnt very intelligent it doesnt really matter how many textbooks he can recite

he might know everything about economics in that case. but i can find anything anyoen like that knows on a google search.

its applying the knowledge where it matters.. he hasnt shown any ability at all to do that.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Let me provide the CORRECT answer for you son. Fiscally conservative, socially conservative. Take the system and liberal media head on like a man.

Who brought the media into this? I've already elaborated in other threads my thoughts on the media and its place in forming my opinion.

I believe in helping people (usually a socially liberal stance), its called help others HELP THEMSELVES

As do I.

In good, conservative societies neighbors help neighbors as its the Christian way of life. You, and other liberals attempt to hold down Christianity.. in a vain attempt to cover its truth. Why take down Christian symbols durnig Christmas?

I couldn't care less about Christian symbols during Christmas. I simply don't believe in the validity of Jesus as a diety.

BECAUSE YOU ARE SCARED YOU CAN'T STOP US FROM TAKING OVER, and you cant.
We own you and we own this nation.

What a fool.

So just backup, and realize your place in the world which is very small.

I never said my place was big. I just stated a viewpoint.

It still ultimately comes down to you and me to defend the nation.
Too bad its only conservatives that are patriotic and willing to do such.

Protect this nation against what, exactly? When my country calls for me, I will serve and serve with pride, as did my father and his father.

God Bless those troops and our COMMANDER IN CHIEF! holla b*tches

Such a shining example of Christian behavior.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Just because most of us dont flaunt our education doenst mean we have none.
Wake up and smell the doo doo.

When did I bring my education into this? If you're referring to my sig, I'm graduating from undergrad in two months and I'm bloody excited about it, otherwise I've made no mention of it.

I'm sure he thinks hes some kind of incredibly intelligent liberal who can outsmart anyone.. and SIMPLETON IGNORAMUS CHRISTIAN could NEVER be right!

I've held numerous constructive debates with devout, educated, intelligent Christians, people I hold dear to my heart as friends. They've proven me wrong and changed my views on certain issues and I've changed theirs. Amazing what a free exchange of ideas will do.

Gigantopithecus

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2004
You (housecat) recite a book without applying what's taken for granted as scientific (natural world) knowledge to real world situations.
So I guess it takes one to know one?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
You (housecat) recite a book without applying what's taken for granted as scientific (natural world) knowledge to real world situations.
I think we found Rip's pissed-off little brother.

jhu

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I think we found Rip's pissed-off little brother.

or someone who's inarticulate at least.