Poll: Best American car company?

NewSc2

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
Tough choice, Ford makes Jaguars, Aston Martins and Volvos.

Can DaimlerChrysler even be considered American? Maybe Chrysler alone, but not Benz.

Edit: you might want to put in a "results" choice.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
I think GM is proving that they are the best American company in terms of quality; they have nearly caught the best Japanese companies in that department. I prefer Chrysler's exterior designs, though.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Daimler/Chrysler is no longer an American car company IMO Syringer, so I voted GM :)

Sundog

Lifer
Nov 20, 2000
Originally posted by: BigSmooth
I think GM is proving that they are the best American company in terms of quality; they have nearly caught the best Japanese companies in that department. I prefer Chrysler's exterior designs, though.

NOT...

AntaresVI

Platinum Member
May 10, 2001
I wouldn;t have known, but i got a ford recently and it's not as bad as i remember mom's old taurus as being. Maybe they're improving.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
hmm ... tough call ... I guess Chrysler .. because of the 300M, and soon the 300C. And Jeep, Grand Cherokee is kick ass, ohh yea ... the 1500 HEMI, bad ass pickup ...

though GM makes some solid cars (Caddys rule, and so do vettes, grand prix GTP isn't bad either, neither is olds intregue (or however its spelled))

and Ford, well Lincolns are damn nice, Mustangs arent bad either. SVT lightning is cool too ...

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
The only American Cars my family ever had were Fords, but after I had NASTY problems with their company themselves (Regarding Re-Call), I will NEVER purchase their cars again. I still love my car, but can't wait to get a new one.

Ford Sucks. And I'm talking about their Customer Service, and their willingness to fix their OWN recalls, I hate 'em.

(Too long of a story, and I doubt anyone really cares.)

KeyserSoze