[Poll] Are you a racist if you support Trump today? (7/29/2020)

Are you a racist if you support Trump today? (7/29/2020)

• Yes

Votes: 65 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters
Feb 4, 2009
Tricky question.

Someone who supports him solely for his “rule of law” and immigration ideas likely is

Someone who supports him for Supreme Court picks likely isn’t but this person should really evaluate ignorance Court picks are truly why they are supporting him

Then there is the majority of Trumpers who really don’t have any positions other than they want a strong tough daddy to run the country.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Tricky question.

Someone who supports him solely for his “rule of law” and immigration ideas likely is

Someone who supports him for Supreme Court picks likely isn’t but this person should really evaluate ignorance Court picks are truly why they are supporting him

Then there is the majority of Trumpers who really don’t have any positions other than they want a strong tough daddy to run the country.
You can't be "rule of law" while actively violating it

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Tricky question.

You cant have it both ways. I am a Nazi but i reject the jew stuff. Nope, you own that shit.

Dec 10, 2005
You are either a racist or condone racism. Too much evidence out there to deny Trump is a racist.
Pretty much. If you support Trump at this point, you're either a racist or you don't care that the president is a huge racist. Neither are a good look.

Reactions: Pohemi

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I'm not a nazi and I really disapprove of the whole "murdering millions of jews after using them for slave labor and stealing all of their worldly possessions" thing, but have you seen what this Hitler guy has done for domestic manufacturing?!

Edited: beaten to the punch

Feb 4, 2009
You cant have it both ways. I am a Nazi but i reject the jew stuff. Nope, you own that shit.
I'm not a nazi and I really disapprove of the whole "murdering millions of jews after using them for slave labor and stealing all of their worldly possessions" thing, but have you seen what this Hitler guy has done for domestic manufacturing?!

Edited: beaten to the punch

But you can be too dumb to see.
The majority of Trumpers are dumb, they never grew up past pre-teen.
They really believe might makes right, they truly believe the Presidents is right because he looks big and tough and he yells at people. Sort of like how we look at our fathers when we were around 6. Dad is big, so dad is right.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
That’s my point. They want to keep brownies and blackies down.
Yeah I know. Us spooks are causing all the problems in America today. Violating the premise of the confederacy. We darkies are supposed to be under subjugation of the white man not have equal rights.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Feb 4, 2009
Yeah I know. Us spooks are causing all the problems in America today. Violating the premise of the confederacy. We darkies are supposed to be under subjugation of the white man not have equal rights.

Spooks???? You’re a racist!
#sarcasm

Feb 4, 2009
Careful guys, you're gonna make @pcgeek11 's head explode.
Hold on I’ll do it
Spooks???? You’re a racist!
#sarcasm

@HomerJS around 12 years ago a black guy I worked with said I am a Bill Clinton kind of Black Man and I’m welcome to hang out with him.
I’ve always assumed that was a compliment, am I correct?

Nov 8, 2012
lol 50% of the country is racist... including black people against their own kind! Whoduhthunkit? Including plenty of people of hispanic origins that voted in favor of tighter immigration because they are generally pissed that they waited in line instead of skipping to the front illegally.

This forum is just filled with tons of bright people. You guys get a GOLD STAR on your forehead for being such bright people.

Please do tell us how Black people are racist by voting for him - and why Hispanics that vote for him are racist.

This gonna be gud'

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Racism is just a subset of a much larger issue, a symptom that can't be fixed without dealing with that underlying issue. For the racist and those subjected to racism it looks to be the real issue only because it is the symptom affecting them. But racism is just one form of bigotry and of which there are an infinite number of varieties. One can be totally free of racism and be a horrible person in some other area as the result of the same underlying reason. Bigotry is the result of an ego need to hide feelings of inferiority behind the belief in some sacred cow one feels that by the worship of it that adulation and commitment makes one a worthwhile person, a person better than somebody else.

Thinking, for example, that becauise one is anti-racist is actually one of them. As I said, one can be the world's most colorblind person and still be a total shit of a person. One can have millions friends of every tonality and dedicate ones life to the killing Catholics.

All bigotry is caused by being put down in childhood and internalizing the intended meaning, suppressing the memory behind denial and projecting all the hatred that one had directed at ones self at somebody else, anybody or anything handy on to which those negative attributes that were applied to ones person can be applied to somebody or something else. The only cure to bigotry is true self respect, respect that goes down to the root of how we really feel. The feeling of what we really feel is the hardest thing there is to do because it requires the death of the ego, the loss of self protection and the feeling of self worth provided by the illusions that our belief is our sacred cows count for something. Blessed are the meek because they don't have as far to travel to heal.

Reactions: Nereus77

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
I was told in elementary school that if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. So, anyone that votes for the guy is part of the problem in my eyes.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
lol 50% of the country is racist... including black people against their own kind! Whoduhthunkit? Including plenty of people of hispanic origins that voted in favor of tighter immigration because they are generally pissed that they waited in line instead of skipping to the front illegally.

This forum is just filled with tons of bright people. You guys get a GOLD STAR on your forehead for being such bright people.

Please do tell us how Black people are racist by voting for him - and why Hispanics that vote for him are racist.

This gonna be gud'

You claim to want actual debate, so start here

This simple answer to your conundrum is social issues, including people that hold very religiously influenced opinions. You combine that with some good ole cognitive dissonance and the mind makes a choice. It's not all that uncommon.