POLL: Are Republicans intentionally hurting the economy?

Are Republicans intentionally hurting the economy?

• Of course they are.

• No they aren't.

Results are only viewable after voting.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
With the incredibly stupid artificial debt ceiling crisis that lowered Americans credit rating to the failure to approve judges which has caused a crisis in the Federal Courts to the current Fiscal Cliff, is it fair to say the Republicans are intentionally sabotaging the US economy?

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Well what would you expect from idiot shills like me? I dont care about the real issues.

FTFY, again.

I would expect shills to at least have a working knowledge of the English language. I guess you get paid less if you don't though.

Aug 14, 2001
I don't think that they're doing it intentionally. They're definitely hurting it. But I think that these morons somehow believe that their economic policies would help their country, despite the fact that most GOP politicians come from poor areas.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
FTFY, again.

I would expect shills to at least have a working knowledge of the English language. I guess you get paid less if you don't though.

And with Nehalem, you can see why they outsource these days. His English is actually better and he plays the role of misogyracist even better than these guys do. Plus he probably works for $.80 an hour.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have been making a good case for the Republicans wanting to take out the Black guy in the White House for years on this forum. :)

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
You're basing this entire premise on the Democrat group-think that the government runs the economy. That government should choose winners and losers by doling out all the cash in the economy to make up for economic downturns, deficits be damned.

From where we stand your "solutions" ARE the problem. The cost of what you're doing now, what you continue to propose to do ad infinitum is a greater threat to our people and our economy.

We fight stimulus.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
You're basing this entire premise on the Democrat group-think that the government runs the economy. That government should choose winners and losers by doling out all the cash in the economy to make up for economic downturns, deficits be damned.

From where we stand your "solutions" ARE the problem. The cost of what you're doing now, what you continue to propose to do ad infinitum is a greater threat to our people and our economy.

We fight stimulus.

Nelson_haha.jpg

Yeah, they're the problem.

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
New poll: Is the OP posting baiting loaded questions which predictably coincide with his posting history?

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
So tell me again how the dems desire to continue spending our way to oblivion is going to help our economy.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
I don't think that they're doing it intentionally. They're definitely hurting it. But I think that these morons somehow believe that their economic policies would help their country, despite the fact that most GOP politicians come from poor areas.

You mean all those representatives from inner city districts are actually republicans???!!??

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
So tell me again how the dems desire to continue spending our way to oblivion is going to help our economy.
Actually, recommendations to spend our way our of recession come from economists. Democrats just tend to listen to experts in fields relating to the topic being considered while Republicans don't.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
You're basing this entire premise on the Democrat group-think that the government runs the economy.

No, moron, the government doesn't have to run the economy for it to be able to hurt the economy, which is all the OP asked.

You're a retard.

Q: Did DominionSeraph write, "You're a retard"?
Jaskalas: "You're basing this entire premise on the Democrat group-think that DominionSeraph runs the Anandtech forums."

:rolleyes:

Aug 14, 2001
You mean all those representatives from inner city districts are actually republicans???!!??

Lots of inner cities are wealthy. For example, look at Nancy Pelosi. She covers SF, one of the wealthiest places in the entire country.

Boehner? Some podunk place in Ohio.

Even if we go by senators and governors and such, Republicans usually represent the poor places. And yet somehow we're supposed to think that their policies from poor places are actually good? Fuck that. Republican strongholds are poor because Republican policy makes you poor.