POLL: 9/11 staged?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
The Illuminati. EVERYTHING is staged. All this "political manuevering" and "terrorism" is just the work of a higher group working towards their own goals.

At least, that's an outside possibility. Or it could be a geniune act. I prefer to think of things as probabilities, rather than "yes" and "no" because you can NEVER know for certain.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Skoorb
This is a copy of a poll over at P&N. I saw some disturbing responses there and wanted to see if there is a marked difference between the frequenters of OT and P&N.

Nice thing about P&N is that it siphoned off some of the real wacos out of OT.

CChaos

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2003
Ah good. Now I have the stupidest thing I'll read all week covered and it's only Monday.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Whoever says it was staged is just another arrogant and perverted dick head who has nothing better to do but to greive over Al Gores loss in the election.

TheCorm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2000
Very few Americans will believe that it was staged, non-Americans might think it's possible, I do think it's doubtful, but I am sceptical about anything involving goverments nowadays.

LuckyTaxi

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
it comes down to the Illuminati and the Skulls and Bones.
Explain why the hole in the pentagon's building was much smaller than a 747's wingspan?

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: lilcam
Explain why the hole in the pentagon's building was much smaller than a 747's wingspan?

Likely because the wings got snapped off when he hit the ground at 3k MPH before it plowed into the building...

Man you guys are really sadistic.

AbsolutDealage

Platinum Member
Dec 20, 2002
Originally posted by: tcsenter
If you truly possessed a modicum of "computer knowledge" you should know that it's not altogether impossible to create a program which would allow one to create video and audio of at least camcorder quality, provided one has video and audio of the subject at hand (which there is plenty of, in this case). Why do you think it so difficult to do such a thing?
You keep flapping at the gums but nothing except hot air seems to come out.

Again, you keep asserting with absolutely z-e-r-o supportive evidence "it can be done, trust me" when the experts have weighed in and stated "no it can't".

You = nobody, big fat nothing

Simon Gosling = Senior Producer at the London-based Moving Picture Company, which creates post-production special effects for the film, music video, and commercial industries.

Golly gee, who am I going to believe? Its such a difficult choice! :confused:

Just ignore him. You're just feeding the trolls here.

So, he's a computer engineer who is getting his VFR license. Big F'n deal. I passed ground school when I was 12, it's no great accomplishment.

News flash:
[*]Being in ground school doesn't make you a credible source regarding the events of 9/11.
[*]Knowing a little about computer hardware doesn't make you a graphic artist.

AbsolutDealage

Platinum Member
Dec 20, 2002

Wings are designed to shear off given a relatively low amount of resistance. Get your head out of your ass.

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: kalster
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
Originally posted by: Skoorb This is a copy of a poll over at P&N. I saw some disturbing responses there and wanted to see if there is a marked difference between the frequenters of OT and P&N.
hehe, you already know my opinion on this one :p (it's yes, btw)
So you think this whole fiasco is staged? Explain how.
Because I believe Bush is the Antichrist and was looking for an excuse to start WWIII and 9/11 was just that excuse. As a pilot, I can tell you that the events of 9/11 as explained by the U.S. Government are not plausible.

that is a very grave accusation

no matter how anti christ, anti religion one is, i am not sure any one wud come up with such a scheme which caused 1000's of lives to be lost JUST to start a war , and BUSh cant start WWIII, wat the hell, we are in a democracy, we have a congress which is there to make sure the country is not run according to the whim/ambitions of 1 moron

Well the attacks were labeled an act of war, which means the US was at war at that time. In this case, the president, being commander and chief of the armed forces(the highest ranking person, who also controls them to do his bidding) has the power and authority to issue orders to the military.

As someone else stated, FDR allowed the Japs to bomb Pearl Harbor. The American economy was picking up somewhat due to the supplying of England in their war against Germany, but once the U.S. was in the war, the economy sky-rocketed due to the huge military spending.

Fox and others are also reporting that the Bush administration planned the war on Iraq almost fro mthe day he got in office link It's more like he wants to vindicate daddy, cause Sr. couldn't get to Saddam. What better way to get at him than to blame him for the attacks. The way everything falls together seems a little to coincidental to me.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
I believe Simon knows more about the ability to fake OBL's admission of planning 9.11 than our boy flyer does...

tc - nice find on Payne Stewart by the way - I may have had the dates wrong, but it sure made our little radio-flyer buddy look silly for saying it was a text-book interception of a wayward flight.....

not even the wacko websites question the lack of military intervention in the flights that hit the towers...Does radio-flyer know that Boston and New York aren't very far apart? What was the time from "known to be hijacked" to "crashed into WTC"? We were supposed to intercept and take down the plane, knowing it was going to hit a building, in that time frame? Come on.

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
I don' think Sept. 11 was a conspiracy, more like serious bumbling and lack of interagency cooperation. In other words the left hand didn't know what the right was doing. As for the supposed WMD and our subsequent attack on Iraq, I am much more skeptical. The evidence either points to the goverment being behemoth, blundering idiots (certaily very possible since we are speaking of the government) or they had an agenda and wanted it followed through. I believe the latter.

TheWart

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2000
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski
Originally posted by: Skoorb This is a copy of a poll over at P&N. I saw some disturbing responses there and wanted to see if there is a marked difference between the frequenters of OT and P&N.
Because I believe Bush is the Antichrist and was looking for an excuse to start WWIII and 9/11 was just that excuse. As a pilot, I can tell you that the events of 9/11 as explained by the U.S. Government are not plausible.

no matter how anti christ, anti religion one is, i am not sure any one wud come up with such a scheme which caused 1000's of lives to be lost JUST to start a war , and BUSh cant start WWIII, wat the hell, we are in a democracy, we have a congress which is there to make sure the country is not run according to the whim/ambitions of 1 moron
Fox and others are also reporting that the Bush administration planned the war on Iraq almost fro mthe day he got in office link It's more like he wants to vindicate daddy, cause Sr. couldn't get to Saddam. What better way to get at him than to blame him for the attacks. The way everything falls together seems a little to coincidental to me.

lol, Oneil does not have anything to gain by slinging mud on Bush does he? As a Sec. of Treas, he does not even have a need to know about the Iraq planning, so I am skeptical (sp?) of his claims anyway.

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: tcsenter
I never said I had CG credentials, only that I am a programmer and have indepth knowledge of computer hardware on an architectural level. Please don't confuse the two. I won't be sending out any resumes over teh intarweb to random people, thank you very much.
Interesting. I have a fair amount of technical computer knowledge and experience myself, and I've yet to stumble across any principle suggesting that possessing a bit of programming and hardware knowledge would cause one to become imbued with expertise in computer generated special effects, video, and photographic authenticity.

Admittedly, it is precisely because my "fair amount of technical computer knowledge and experience" does not give me authoritative knowledge in computer generated special effects, video, and photographic authenticity that I am forced to defer to the judgement of those who are recognized authorities in such matters, such as Simon Gosling and numerous other industry motion picture special effects experts who agree with him.

I'm willing to consider any new evidence from such a recognized authority, but it must exist before I can consider it. You either refuse to or are incapable of providing such evidence for me to consider.

If you truly possessed a modicum of "computer knowledge" you should know that it's not altogether impossible to create a program which would allow one to create video and audio of at least camcorder quality, provided one has video and audio of the subject at hand (which there is plenty of, in this case). Why do you think it so difficult to do such a thing? We're not talking about "computer generated special effects" here, that's precisely the problem. We're talking about editing camcorder-quality (or lack thereof) video and audio to create a short video of the subject.
I'm sure there are quite a few people who frequent AT that would be capable of such a feat. If a lonely computer nerd can do this don't you think the Government could?

OMG, OMG, it was all a lie oh nooooooo, and we didn't land on the moon either! :(
rolleye.gif

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
in with the conspiracies, out with the logical thinking based on history and recent events.

thats liberals for 'ya. they will believe anything that might even remotely be true.

10% of people think that was staged.....efffing rediculous.

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: TheWart
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski

lol, Oneil does not have anything to gain by slinging mud on Bush does he? As a Sec. of Treas, he does not even have a need to know about the Iraq planning, so I am skeptical (sp?) of his claims anyway.

He has a book to sell. :p

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: ManSnake
This is a stupid poll, obviously Bush was behind 9/11.

maybe YOU were behind 9/11? i have just as much proof to say it was you, as you do to say it was Bush. 0.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
after reading the other thread and this one, i've come to only one conclusion regarding this subject...

that flyermax2k3 guy is a fscking retard. involuntary sterilization + ban.

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Hammer
after reading the other thread and this one, i've come to only one conclusion regarding this subject...

that flyermax2k3 guy is a fscking retard. involuntary sterilization + ban.

I've got the hedge shears...

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Stick me in the category of people with common sense... answer is clearly "No!"

However, I also fall into the category that there was enough knowledge to stop the attack, but either through bungling and lack of interagency cooperation, the attack wasn't stopped... -OR- the specifics of the attack were not known, or at least the degree to which the attack would succeed... I highly doubt anyone, regardless of agenda, would allow the trade center to collapse. However, I find it plausable that someone or group of someones would allow an attack to occur (expecting smaller losses) in order to galvanize public support for an agenda of getting rid of Al Quada, Bin Laden, Saddam, etc. (and possibly benefitting the oil industry?) But, that's just speculation on my part.

The same thing has been suggested about Pearl Harbor. In fact, the US Ambassador to Japan (Joseph Grew) wired Washington in January 1941 that Japan was planning an attack on Pearl Harbor. For whatever reason, his information wasn't believed, or was ignored. The conspiracy theorists contend that an attack was allowed to get Americans to support war. (we were already on the verge of war with Japan anyway, trying for a diplomatic solution?)

DOSfan

Sep 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Regs

Likely because the wings got snapped off when he hit the ground at 3k MPH before it plowed into the building...

Originally posted by: AbsolutDealage

Wings are designed to shear off given a relatively low amount of resistance. Get your head out of your ass.

While I am not trying to shove the conspiracy theory down anyones throat...

Where are the wings?

Where are the "skid marks" when the plane hit the ground before it hit the building?

The link posted earlier does have pictures of the event that show neither of these are visible moments after the incident.

Does make you wonder what really happened, doesn't it?

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: DOSfan
Originally posted by: Regs

Originally posted by: AbsolutDealage

While I am not trying to shove the conspiracy theory down anyones throat...

Where are the wings?

Where are the "skid marks" when the plane hit the ground before it hit the building?

The link posted earlier does have pictures of the event that show neither of these are visible moments after the incident.

Does make you wonder what really happened, doesn't it?

Oh geez... get a fscking clue people, there are eye witnesses, a buddy of mine works near the Pentagon and saw the damn plane go over just before it hit.