Politics... ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyrunner

Oct 5, 2007
bioneos.com
Is there any way to totally disable the politics threads from showing up ever? I am most interested in disabling them from "regular search" (not advanced) and "New Posts"? I just never want to see them. I am on enough forums where politics are way too zealously discussed and typically in a less than friendly fashion. I want to start posting on here again (long hiatus) but cannot get past the ugly politics threads...

Sorry if this was already discussed, I used the search but couldn't find it...

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Sorry, but I know of no way to exclude P&N posts from any forum search. I'm personally sympathetic to your plight, though.

CA19100

Jun 29, 2012
Hey guys, I run a vBulletin board as well, and you actually can exclude a forum from the New Posts search. P&N is forum #24 here, so just append "&exclude=24" to the end of the search URL, and it'll skip posts from that forum. You could bookmark this and use it in place of the New Posts button:

http://forums.anandtech.com/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=24

We have the exact same issue on our forum -- a politics area that a lot of people don't want anything to do with -- so that's a big help for them.

Hope that helps!

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
If you're banned from a forum they don't show up, although it also filters them out of advanced search.

Status
Not open for further replies.