Political book input? Looking for a new book.

FortFunFoSho

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
Have a trip coming up and was looking to get some new books for it. Has anyone got any good suggestions. I am talking somewhat political books. Was also thinking about reading a JFk Biography.

What do you think?

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
The Jon Stewart book is good light reading, it's funny and insightful, especially with his criticism of the press, but it's not a very long read. I like longer books on trips, but I also read pretty fast.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I just saw Bush's Brain, I think the book would be pretty good, also just finished "King of Torts" by John Grisham, if you like that sort of story, it's a pretty good look into the world of mass tort lawyers.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: FortFunFoSho
Have any suggestiuons of any books at all to read?

I generally don't like political books, but if you go to any bookstore, there is usually a shelf out front with all of the party line crap on it. I don't like those books from either side of the spectrum, but they might be an interesting read to you. Ann Coulter's book, which I have read some of, would be a good look at what a disturbing amount of people seem to think, judging by the book's success.

FortFunFoSho

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
Rainsford -

What do you read then? I am curious about any book in general really. Any suggestions at all aside from Coulter?

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Maybe look for the book titled "Voices From the Front", a compilation of letters from soldiers in Iraq!

Mathlete

Aug 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Steve Guilliot
I enjoyed Al Frankin's "Lies, and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them".

I have read that book twice and am thinking of starting again. Great read. If you finish that you can always read "Rush is a big fat idiot...". Another good read.

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Rainsford
The Jon Stewart book is good light reading, it's funny and insightful, especially with his criticism of the press, but it's not a very long read. I like longer books on trips, but I also read pretty fast.

yeh i was in walden books the other day for like 10 minutes and got thru a chapter.... its really freaking good... funny as helll... the letter to the vice president was great as was the forward by jefferson