Polish President assassinated?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
The lesson, should that be what it is, may escape you, while it resonates elsewhere.

Katyn Forest Massacre

Litene

Soviet War Crimes

Murder, Russian-Style: Political Assassination

Killings of Russia's Human-Rights Activists Continue

The last two stories reference Chechnya, for which I have little sympathy, but are a few more recent examples of exactly how Russia deals with people that are annoying them.

Poland, the Baltics, the list of what were buffer states to Mother Russia and are now actively cooperating with the West, remain targets for Russia. They know it, even if you don't.

Total fail. You started with an assertion that Russia would do this to intimidate eastern European countries to fall back into its sphere of influence. This is obviously not the case as the incident is publically understood to be an accident, and that is what Russia says it was.

You are now simply pointing out that Russia has used violence in the past to achieve political ends. So what? That was never in dispute. When you look at each of these incidents, there were particular reasons they did it. The trouble here is not that I think Russia is incapable of this sort of act. The trouble is that there isn't anything in it for them. Like I said, so far, the motive is 404 not found.

- wolf

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
Total fail. You started with an assertion that Russia would do this to intimidate eastern European countries to fall back into its sphere of influence. This is obviously not the case as the incident is publically understood to be an accident, and that is what Russia says it was.

You are now simply pointing out that Russia has used violence in the past to achieve political ends. So what? That was never in dispute. When you look at each of these incidents, there were particular reasons they did it. The trouble here is not that I think Russia is incapable of this sort of act. The trouble is that there isn't anything in it for them. Like I said, so far, the motive is 404 not found.

- wolf

its just a little suspicious the guy who filmed this was murdered.....with no explanation

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
this kind of reminds me of snakes on a plane.....they dont have to assure they get the right guy...as long as the whole plane comes down.

Id like to see the tapes translated by a couple different people before i reach a solid conclusion....or i could just learn russian.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
Too soon?

3938.jpg

omfg that is the funniest thing ever, I would have never of connected that hahahah

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Most likely EU agents rather than Russian. It's smart to do it in Russia, too.

How many more people will die for European energy security?

Leave it to CoW to come up with an even more ludicrous conspiracy theory than the original one suggested. So CoW you just have a problem with Western Europeans now? Not Russians?

There just isn't any incentive for Russia to do this.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
One thing about the gunshots - they would certainly have had armed bodyguards present. Had some of those cartridges wound up in or very near fire, they would have cooked off, sounding like a smaller, less powerful caliber as well.