Police Rice...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by: bradruth
Originally posted by: Rogue
Originally posted by: bradruth
Ours have sheilds on them that keep the light focused outside and follow the contour of the windows so that doesn't happen as bad.

Oh yeah? Where do you work?

US Army Military Police at Fort Riley, Kansas.

Oh, ok. How do you like it? Plan on policing if/when you get out of the service?

Actually, I'm in the Army Reserve and just got done doing 2 years of it day in and day out. It was pretty cool actually. I've been doing it for almost 9 years now, so I have probably about 3-4 years collective road time. I could do it full time if I had to, but it's much too thankless most of the time. I'm trying to get into computer crime investigation so I can merge my two loves, crime busting and computers.

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Actually, I'm in the Army Reserve and just got done doing 2 years of it day in and day out. It was pretty cool actually. I've been doing it for almost 9 years now, so I have probably about 3-4 years collective road time. I could do it full time if I had to, but it's much too thankless most of the time. I'm trying to get into computer crime investigation so I can merge my two loves, crime busting and computers.

I thought about computer crime for awhile, but I've come to the realization that I don't like to "work" with computers, just play with 'em. That and I want to be able to do the down & dirty police work...even when I was smelling vomit from the back seat of the squad car on my last ride-a-long I still knew that it's what I want to do. :Q