Police Investigate "Mock Plane Crash" Halloween Display At L.A. Home....

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Text

Reuters - Fri Oct 20, 1:42 PM ET

A mock-up of a plane crash is displayed as part of a Halloween display in the garden of a home in Los Angeles October 20, 2006. Los Angeles police visited the scene after thinking the crash was real. The homeowner is an aircraft mechanic in training and the parts are from a real Gulfstream jet. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson (UNITED STATES)

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
hahah you know you have a great holloween display when the cops are called!

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
That's pretty cool.

Someone up here put a mockup on his house..looked like a small aircraft crashed into it. Wish there was a bigger picture, though!

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: CadetLee
That's pretty cool.

Someone up here put a mockup on his house..looked like a small aircraft crashed into it. Wish there was a bigger picture, though!

There's a bar in Quito that has the remnants of a light aircraft hanging off of it. Apparently some guy actually crashed it there ages ago, so they just braced it with wires and left it up.

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: jagec
Originally posted by: CadetLee
That's pretty cool.

There's a bar in Quito that has the remnants of a light aircraft hanging off of it. Apparently some guy actually crashed it there ages ago, so they just braced it with wires and left it up.

I really laughed out loud at that. Not only because it was a weird thing to do, but I took a second to try to think what kind of mind the owner had that made him say: "OMG, a plane hit us!! We gotta keep it!!"

:p

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
LOL...nice.

If I had airplane parts to use as a halloween display, I'd have the number 4 8 15 16 23 42 all over the place, along with Dharma labels on everything :D

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Originally posted by: imthebadguy
hahahah, thats awesome, po po's are so dumb

How so? They probably got a call and came out to investigate.

So, and operator gets calls from people saying they see plane debris and start asking about it and since theres no record of it, they don't bother sending out a couple cars?