Police are part of the problem

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
Clean house, start over with non military trained personnel.

Eh I think the military guys are the best ones. They tend to be the most disciplined and even headed and they are very used to strict rules of engagement.. It is my understanding that the whole "ex military who become cops are bad" attitude comes straight from the cops who never served in the military. These non-military cops seem to like kicking ass and they hate that the military guys don't always share their enthusiasm. There are stories of ex military cops who literally get fired for handling a situation with non violence when the other cops wanna jump out of their car and start blasting immediately.

At this point I think the only solution is a free market solution: require cops to have insurance just like we require doctors, lawyers, and other professionals. If you get sued too much you become uninsurable and therefore unemployable. This works fine in all other professions it has ever been tried in.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

An arm of the Republican Attorneys General Association, a national group representing the top law enforcement officers in their states, sent out robocalls encouraging people to march to the U.S. Capitol the day before the building was stormed by a pro-Trump mob

they purposely deployed insufficient numbers for an event like this

• Wow
Reactions: Pohemi

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
SERIOUSLY...????
Come-on....
When you have 7+ million Trump people out there and who voted for Donald Trump, naturally some... many of them are going to be Trump sympathizers. Maybe not the entire 70 million, BUT... a hell of a lot of that 70 million. And with some of them being police, cops, fireman, teachers, lawyers, priest, nuns, insurance salesmen AND women, Walmart workers, singers, movie stars, fat people, thin people, saints and mass murders. So, definitely yes the police could easily be part of the problem.

PS. I have real issues with DC mayor Bowser. She needs to resign. SHE NEEDS TO RESIGN. She was a major link of dropping the ball to protect the city. And her lame excuses and evasion of the truth is making me ill.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

The anti-discrimination chief gets caught posting vile racist messages. It's a problem.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
The head of the NYPD's workplace discrimination office has opted to retire days after having been suspended without pay for 30 days after investigators say he posted hateful messages to a website where cops air grievances anonymously.

I guess it wasn't as anonymous as he planned.

:oops:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
If you support a type of organization that means you can't hold them accountable or reform them for anything?
Someone is incapable of this kind of critical thinking. It interferes with his whole pathetic troll vibe.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
The head of the NYPD's workplace discrimination office has opted to retire days after having been suspended without pay for 30 days after investigators say he posted hateful messages to a website where cops air grievances anonymously.

I guess it wasn't as anonymous as he planned.

:oops:
He actually had a pretty clever user name on that site apparently. Someone was into detective novels!

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Houston PD planning to charge an officer of theirs for participating in the riots. Lots of others reported as well.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Houston PD planning to charge an officer of theirs for participating in the riots. Lots of others reported as well.
Houston PD has let him go stating that they have been informed that the FBI is intending to charge him.