Pointless Disconnected Blabs, Ramblings and Utterances

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I was curious if you could use ChatGPT to get info on electrical code. But with a twist, I asked to recite it so it's in the same format as the Bible.

Can you recite section 12-3036 of the electrical code, but like it was part of the Bible?
---
And lo, the Lord said unto his people, "Thou shalt not fill thy conduits with too many conductors, for this shall cause great peril and may lead to the overheating of thy wires."
For verily I say unto you, the number of conductors that may be placed in a conduit shall be determined by its size and type, and thou shalt consult the tables and formulas that have been bestowed upon thee by the Code.
And in thy wisdom, thou shalt measure the diameter of thy conduit, and calculate the maximum fill percentage for thy conductors. For lo, if thy conduit be filled beyond its maximum capacity, it shall lead to a disruption in the flow of electricity and a hazard to thy household or building.
Therefore, be thou diligent in thy calculations and heed the guidance of the Code, for it is a light unto thy path and a protection unto thy home."

They need to have a code book in this version tbh.

• Wow
Reactions: Stiff Clamp
Nov 17, 2019
Why are cold pills so hard to get out of the package? Headache pills are loose in the bottle, open, dump, swallow. Cold pills, you need a vise and a crowbar.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Why are cold pills so hard to get out of the package? Headache pills are loose in the bottle, open, dump, swallow. Cold pills, you need a vise and a crowbar.

You can get cold pills in bottle. Also, it's mostly headache pill anyway.

Nov 17, 2019
Weird thing. As my electric usage goes down, my total bill goes down, but my total cost per KwHr goes up due to the fixed fees and surcharges.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
You can get cold pills in bottle. Also, it's mostly headache pill anyway.
Depends on which ones you buy, none of the cold pills I buy ever have anything in them but the specific medications I'm looking for (no ibuprofen, acetaminophen, or naproxen). Just pseudoephedrine or guaifenesin.

Nov 17, 2019
Broke stuff what din't need to be broke. Was paying attention ... to the wrong stuff.

Leastwise it can be glued.

Nov 17, 2019
Right, but a 4 x 4 is roughly 3.5 x 3.5. 2 x s are generally a bit fatter than 1 1/2, more like 1 5/8. So 2 of them should be close to 3 1/2. But they aren't.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Yeah they get about 1/2" taken off when they go through planer. So if you consider 2 2x4's they went through the planer twice (combined) so when you go to put them together the overall dimension won't be equal. It will be more like 3.5 x 3 ish.

This is actually something that will be nice once I setup my saw mill I'll be able to make pretty much any dimensional lumber I want for almost free. I was working on something that required a non pressure treated 4x4 and they just don't sell that. And now days most of the larger dimensions are cost prohibitive.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Why don't 2 2x4s nailed together equal a 4x4?
They are 2x4 when they are sawn. At that point they are rough and still wet. After they dry and shrink, then are planed they are smaller. So, your two boards are both planed, which accounts for the smaller size as they lose more material than then one 4x4.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019
Aboard the Nuclear aircraft carrier USS Nimitz:

Yelland: If the United States falls under attack our job is to defend her in the past, present and future.

Lasky: And after that?

Yelland: After that, we take our orders from the Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces.

Lasky: Franklin Delano Roosevelt?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Aboard the Nuclear aircraft carrier USS Nimitz:

Yelland: If the United States falls under attack our job is to defend her in the past, present and future.

Lasky: And after that?

Yelland: After that, we take our orders from the Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces.

Lasky: Franklin Delano Roosevelt?

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
I got banned from a certain forum (not AT) again. On this particular forum they temp-ban people for not being "nice".

Someone states something completely bizarre, illogical, and false, and you can't call them out on it and state they don't know the topic, at least not unless it's done in a super sensitive, politically correct way that tip toes around the truth.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Haven't thought about that in awhile; the bad old days of American cars where you had a key for the door, and another for the ignition. Stupid.