Please Sample My Track

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Hello ATOT, today I woke up and I had this idea for a track, I made a sample of this idea (only 2 minutes long) and would like to get some feedback, this is a work in progress, but it has the main idea in it already, hope you enjoy it :)

Download

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: DarkThinker
LOL not the kind of responses I was expecting, but oh well this is ATOT after all :)

Dark: I didn't really like it. Not a fan of the "offbeat" techno or whatever the effect you were trying to get where that second noise is off by a few beats.

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
That might work for kids hopped up on goofballs and B&J wine coolers, but throw in some variety. After the introduction, the song stays the same throughout. Change it up. Also, the mix sounds a little hot.

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
That might work for kids hopped up on goofballs and B&J wine coolers, but throw in some variety. After the introduction, the song stays the same throughout. Change it up. Also, the mix sounds a little hot.

You might be right about it needing more variety, however keep in mind this is no where near finished intro to a long track that I spent less than 45 minutes on.
This was the first time that I made retro sounding music like this, and TBH I just wanted to see how the rhythm itself is received by others not the completeness of the track as I mentioned it's but a sample ;)

OUCaptain

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2007
OMG!!! I've never heard anything like it!!!! You are a true pioneer sir[/sarcasm]

You lost any hope of getting a positive review when you asked me to wait 30 seconds before downloading.

WA261

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001
Sorry, but I think it suckz. Sounds like the same old shit that has been around for yrs.

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Originally posted by: enwar3
I like it =D

What hardware/software are you using?

Thank you, to answer your question , I used a Korg Electribe EMX-1, no fancy software or anything else.

Originally posted by: OUCaptain
OMG!!! I've never heard anything like it!!!! You are a true pioneer sir[/sarcasm]

I don't get it, where did I claim anything revolutionary? :confused:

You lost any hope of getting a positive review when you asked me to wait 30 seconds before downloading.

Oh yeah....30 seconds is like a lifetime these days :confused:
If you have a better free service that you can suggest then go ahead and suggest it and I'll use it, otherwise don't whine about 30 seconds of waiting before a download...

Originally posted by: WA261
Sorry, but I think it suckz. Sounds like the same old shit that has been around for yrs.

Thanks for the feedback, but I never claimed to be inventing anything here....it's about the track just the track ppl!

Jeebus is a guy supposed to reinvent the wheel every time he sits down to play some good ole music?

Row1and

Apr 7, 2005
Originally posted by: OUCaptain

totally agree...

i want those 30seconds of my life back!

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Originally posted by: Row1and
now i feel bad... tell you what, don't let people tell you you suck..

follow your dreams!

Well, first of all, nobody is saying that I suck, some like you are whining about having to wait 30 seconds, some think that every time a person plays some music he has to come up with his own genre, and some just have no clue WTH they where doing in this thread.....

And BTW I am living my dreams ATM, my music is just hobby not something I want to make a career out of.....

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Maybe set your levels down a little for recording to give yourself some overhead for mixing. To my ears, your track is clipping to the point of distortion even before the Bass kicks in and completely blows out the bottom end. Its not exactly my genre, but I'd assume you'd want a punchy Bass line and a good tight mix with Electronica music.

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Originally posted by: rbV5
Maybe set your levels down a little for recording to give yourself some overhead for mixing. To my ears, your track is clipping to the point of distortion even before the Bass kicks in and completely blows out the bottom end. Its not exactly my genre, but I'd assume you'd want a punchy Bass line and a good tight mix with Electronica music.

You do have a point, this is kind of a draft though, but I'll keep what you said in mind for the final track.

enwar3

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2005

You do have a point, this is kind of a draft though, but I'll keep what you said in mind for the final track.

Don't forget to post the final when you're done =D

Row1and

Apr 7, 2005
Originally posted by: enwar3

Don't forget to post the final when you're done =D

yes post the final.. i want to hear it again!

Jesusthewererabbit

Mar 20, 2008
Not bad at all! You might add a little delay to the keyboard sound. Then add a tight bass line, and you'll be good to go!

GiggleGirl

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2008
hey that was pretty good. i was expecting shit based on some of the comments. this could have a great vocal laid down on it. some random singing about something. only thing was it sounded a little hard the speakers

i liked it though and this isnt my preferred musical genre