Please recommend a video card.

hmp

Mar 17, 2000
I am in the process of building a sytem with a Intel brand MB and Pentium 4 2.26GHz CPU with Win98(will upgrade soon.)
I don't do any gaming and I need a stable system. I mostley do accounting, word processing and internet.

However, most of the time I have about six windows open at one time.

Can someone recommend a good video card for this purpose? I like to spend about $100.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Angus

Feb 11, 2001
how about radeon ve or radeon7000, it is supported dual monitor and nice 2d quaility.
and it's far more cheaper than matrox g550

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Angus
how about radeon ve or radeon7000, it is supported dual monitor and nice 2d quaility.
and it's far more cheaper than matrox g550

that it is, but why skim? get top notch 2d ;)

Operandi

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
that it is, but why skim? get top notch 2d

Note, your going to need a top notch monitor to take advantage of that "top notch 2d".

HendrixFan

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2001
No gaming = Matrox.

I fully recommend the Matrox cards for 2D. Had a G400 for a while, and while the 3D was okay for Q3 at the time, the 2D was stellar. Matrox cards are the only ones I know of that can run dual monitors with different resolutions in Win2K, if that is what you were wanting to upgrade to.

If you are gonna have 6 windows open at a time, I would suggest taking full advantage of Matrox's dual head support and getting a second monitor, and perhaps a cheaper P4 to cover the difference. You'll love running two monitors, and would be a more worthwhile investment for your purposes.

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Operandi
that it is, but why skim? get top notch 2d

Note, your going to need a top notch monitor to take advantage of that "top notch 2d".

that holds truth to a certain degree....