PLEASE READ: Forum Maintenance Scheduled

Viddyvane

Assistant Community Manager
Administrator
Feb 22, 2017
Hello all!

We'll be undergoing some forum maintenance on February 15th, 2018 starting at midnight, 12 am EST. During this brief maintenance window forums will be temporarily unavailable, and we apologize for the inconvenience. After maintenance is complete, please post any issues you encounter with the forums here in this thread. We'll be monitoring closely for feedback, and we're hoping for a smooth transition. Thanks all!

Best,
Caitlin

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Crono

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Hi Caitlin!

Most of our members won't see that notice, buried as it is in Technical Issues. In the admin, the software does have an option for a separate "above the posts" all-forums forum announcement. We used to have access to it, but, sadly, no more. But you probably do. I would strongly advise making use of it!

Reactions: Ken g6

Viddyvane

Administrator
Feb 22, 2017
Hi Caitlin!

Most of our members won't see that notice, buried as it is in Technical Issues. In the admin, the software does have an option for a separate "above the posts" all-forums forum announcement. We used to have access to it, but, sadly, no more. But you probably do. I would strongly advise making use of it!

Thanks for the reminder Perknose! I've added a notice per your request.

renz20003

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2011
Hello all!

We'll be undergoing some forum maintenance on February 12, 2018 at 10PM. During this brief maintenance window forums will be temporarily unavailable, and we apologize for the inconvenience. After maintenance is complete, please post any issues you encounter with the forums here in this thread. We'll be monitoring closely for feedback, and we're hoping for a smooth transition. Thanks all!

Best,
Caitlin

Are you assistant community manager or the assistant to the community manager?

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I am curious about what kind of maintenance is being done.

I hope it will give us square avatars again.

Viddyvane

Administrator
Feb 22, 2017
Are you assistant community manager or the assistant to the community manager?

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks for the (inadvertent) forum announcement shout-out, Caitlin. Branding! Getting my name out there! It's what I'm all about. Look for my line of casual internet apparel to drop any day now!

Iridescent forum-surfing thongs and assless chaps! For the man whose confidence suffuses his mother's basement! :p

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
I hope it solves my auto logout problem. :)

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Thanks for the (inadvertent) forum announcement shout-out, Caitlin. Branding! Getting my name out there! It's what I'm all about. Look for my line of casual internet apparel to drop any day now!

Iridescent forum-surfing thongs and assless chaps! For the man whose confidence suffuses his mother's basement! :p
wait a minute, it says my name.

14w3yiu.jpg

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Is this Spectre/Meltdown related, and/or is the forum software being updated? Just curious. :)

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
Increased forum monetization under the guise of enhanced user experience.
I hope they don't do silly stuff and put more ads on this forum. Current configuration is quite bearable for me.
To forum officials:
Please do this advertisement stuff wisely unless you want me to put this forum on my adblock blacklist (again).

Viddyvane

Administrator
Feb 22, 2017
We're doing some software updates that require us to take the forums offline for a short period of time, hence the announcement.

jpishgar

VP, Global Community
Nov 24, 2014
www.futureplc.com
Annnnd we're back from our scheduled maintenance. Everything appears to be going nice and smoothly so far.
If you encounter any issues, or spot anything out of the ordinary in the usual functioning of the forum, do let us know here and we'll look into it promptly.

Thanks all!
-JP

Reactions: Viddyvane and Crono