Sep 19, 2001
First off, my system:

Abit BE6 II
P3 Slot1 700
512 MB PC133 SDRam
GeForce 1 V6600 Pure 32MB
Primary HD: Maxtor 12GB
Secondary HD: Maxtor 40GB

Everytime I start up windows after installing WinXP, I get the EZ-BIOS option to boot from A: or C:. No matter which I choose, it says "invalid system disk, replace and press any key to continue" and it says the same thing after I press any key. I talked with a friend and he says it might be because my board or WinXP cannot support drives bigger than 30GB. I used the Maxtor HD program to format and set partitions on the old HD, but still no go. I'm using the 12GB for main OS and the 40GB as two 24GB partitions for storage. No matter which device I set as bootup, still gives me the same error.

If anybody can help, it'd be appreciated. I thought I'd post it here since I'll get more replies faster and I didn't really know where to stick this thread. Thanks.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Is it somehow limiting your ability to post in the right forum?

weirdichi

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2001
Can't I just post here and get a rapid response? Why do you feel the need to crap on this? I've already told you why I posted it here. Please don't crap if you don't want to help. PM me and we can argue.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
when you post a thread in the wrong forum you automatically waive your crap-free-zone rights.

weirdichi

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2001
Wow. Would it kill you if you just said it in a nice way? Damn. BEEEEEEEEP! BEEEEEEEEEP! WE HAVE A WRONG FORUM POSTER HERE! BEEEEEEEEP! GET HIM THE F*CK OUTTA HERE!!

Damn you ppl are so anal.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: weirdichi
Wow. Would it kill you if you just said it in a nice way? Damn. BEEEEEEEEP! BEEEEEEEEEP! WE HAVE A WRONG FORUM POSTER HERE! BEEEEEEEEP! GET HIM THE F*CK OUTTA HERE!!

Damn you ppl are so anal.

Yes we are. Thanks. There are multiple forums for a reason.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
why are you using the maxtor software in the first place? EZ BIOS is just an overlay that no modern computer should need.

i think there's an XP command that overwrites the MBR so that you don't get that prompt anymore.