Please help with bioshock infinite!!

Justinbaileyman

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2013
I have been up all night playing this game and finally got to the end.I cannot for the life of me kill that damn zeppelin. I use the giant bird on it twice but all the bad guys and smaller air ships keep respawning and damage my ship faster then I can kill them and the zeppelin.I just want to beat this damn game already.. I am playing on steam so if I used a cheatcode if there are any would I screw myself out of any achievements? there has got to be some trick to doing this so is there anyone who can help me out? Please?

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
they keep trying to destroy your Tesla Coil or whatever that thing is. Once its gone you will replay that part of the game.

there are waves a bad guys and patriots to deal with and zeppelins, too.

its best to create a strategy: take out the guys on the railings first. once patriots show up make sure you have adequate weapons to take them out. The RPG works great for this. Use your vigors. Bucking Bronco and Devil's Kiss are very effective against hoards of enemies. If possible use Songbird to clear the deck.

Also your game may need an update if not already updated.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
It's not about "killing" the zeppelin. It's about surviving waves of attacks. When it comes time to do something big, Elizabeth will tell you.

Justinbaileyman

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2013
Thanks guys, I just beat it. I spammed the crap out of possessing the patriots and rocket launcher guys to help me kill the other baddies. I only used the giant song bird to kill the airships that carry cannons and to kill both Zeppelins on the left and right. I beat it on hard, which was a biotch.Very very awesome game though. I own the trilogy and hope there is going to be a forth installment to the series.Well now I need to go buy a new game on steam to start working on. Any suggestions to other games that might be like this? :)

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
Bio:I was amazing, I thought. That was the first game that really got me into pc gaming as opposed to console. Fond memories. Though the first two I didn't enjoy, didn't play as much.

Justinbaileyman

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2013
Yeah I really enjoyed the first Bioshock. The second one, not so much and Bioshock infinite was pure awesomeness. I also really liked The Deadspace Trilogy. Played them all back to back and beat all three.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Loved all 3, 2 was the weakest, although I liked the ending. Bioshock was quite a departure from the first 2, especially Artistically, but still had the Feel and the Story was just richer.

Would love another one, if they can maintain the general aspects of the series and also give another good Story. I think that's going to be difficult to pull off though.

Similar games:

Mass Effect trilogy - Probably best to get on Origin, as 3 was never on Steam
Fallout 3/NV/4 - they are more Open World though
Metro 2033/Last Light(still haven't played this one)

Last edited:

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Yeah I really enjoyed the first Bioshock. The second one, not so much and Bioshock infinite was pure awesomeness. I also really liked The Deadspace Trilogy. Played them all back to back and beat all three.
I love all 3 but Bioshock 2 is still my favourite.

Did you get the DLCs for Bioshock Infinite?

They were strange but good.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I guess I'm in the minority here since I prefer Bioshock 1 above all others. Infinite was good and leagues better than 2, but nothing beats the original. Great atmosphere, great characters, and the twist I was no expecting at all.

Bioshock was the first game I ever wrote a FAQ for (even though it was rejected twice from GameFAQs) and I still regard as one of the best FPS games.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I absolutely loved Infinite. The gameplay itself was average, but I loved the graphics, the world and the story. I loved how Elizabeth never really got in the way.

I never played 1 or 2, I owned 1 for years but had some sort of issue where the audio wouldn't work so never played it. I have both on Steam and keep meaning to go back to them.

sxr7171

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2002
Bioshock 1 should be used as a teaching tool for game developers to understand how to use art to create a game world. I have not had any game since immerse me like it did. I didn't get much into infinite.

Justinbaileyman

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2013
No sorry I didnt get any DLC for bioshock infinite and the option is grayed out in steam for DLC for that game. Any idea how to get that un grayed out? Yeah I think the first bioshock game was a complete masterpiece. one of my all time favorite games and game sound tracks.As for newer games like Mass effect, I dont really know anything about that game except I played the demo of the first one for a few mins way back when on xbox360 I think, and never played it again.By the way for 2 new games today I chose Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga and Lego Star Wars III Clone Wars.Both actually look really really good when graphics are all maxed out specially the latter game.
Much better then I thought it was going to be like.I would definitely recommend these games for anyone who hasn't tried it or for people like me who has kids.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Infinite blew me away. I was pretty meh on the first two, but the story and companion thing got me attached.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
I absolutely loved Infinite. The gameplay itself was average, but I loved the graphics, the world and the story. I loved how Elizabeth never really got in the way.

she did get on my nerves sometimes though

"booker catch! booker, catch! BOOOOOOOKER CYAAAEEEETTCCH!"

still, i loved that game for the graphics and the crazy time travel story and the bizarre twins

and the music! i still have a few of them on my car MP3 player

BSim500

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2013
I guess I'm in the minority here since I prefer Bioshock 1 above all others. Infinite was good and leagues better than 2, but nothing beats the original. Great atmosphere, great characters, and the twist I was no expecting at all.
The original was my favorite too. Lost count of the replays. It absolutely should be a "Masterclass" for video game design done right. The second is widely regarded as the weakest and got unfortunately review bombed by some due to the absurd DRM at the time (which was justified at the time but not now it's been removed). However, B2 (plus DLC Minerva's Den) is absolutely still worth a playthrough. The third had a superb plot and the same top notch voice acting, soundtrack, general feel & atmosphere, etc, as the others, but I felt both the gunplay & vigors were a little weaker than the original's plasmids (especially Telekinesis). Every weapon replicated twice, but each felt like it had slightly less "bite" or uniqueness vs say the chemical thrower. Gear didn't feel as useful as tonics either. Still a 9.5/10 game though.

I never played 1 or 2, I owned 1 for years but had some sort of issue where the audio wouldn't work so never played it. I have both on Steam and keep meaning to go back to them.
Easily fixed : Right click Bioshock.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility tab -> Run this program in Compatibility Mode for XP SP2/SP3.

Edit: And if that doesn't work and you have a Realtek sound chip, then:-

1. Install latest Realtek driver
2. Go into Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording tab (or right click on speaker in tray and select "Recording devices")
3. Right click under the list of shown devices, then click "Show Disabled Devices"
4. Right click on "Stereo Mixing" and enable

Some others also fixed it by changing the line in the Default.ini file under [FMODAudio.FMODAudioSubsystem]:-
From MaxChannels=128 to MaxChannels=64

Now, would you kindly go play that great game. :D

Last edited:

sxr7171

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2002
Bioshock 2 is pretty good actually.

I'm sure it is and I wanted to play it but I think some sort of GFWL screwed it and made unplayable, that and I think it didn't have controller support. Ironic for a GFWL game. I just like that darker world of the first two games.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Do you have the Steam version? It has been updated to include controller support and removed GFWL.
if you bought the DVD version, like I did, you get a free Steam version of Bioshock 2 including all DLCs when you enter your game code.

BxgJ

Golden Member
Jul 27, 2015
No sorry I didnt get any DLC for bioshock infinite and the option is grayed out in steam for DLC for that game. Any idea how to get that un grayed out? Yeah I think the first bioshock game was a complete masterpiece. one of my all time favorite games and game sound tracks.As for newer games like Mass effect, I dont really know anything about that game except I played the demo of the first one for a few mins way back when on xbox360 I think, and never played it again.By the way for 2 new games today I chose Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga and Lego Star Wars III Clone Wars.Both actually look really really good when graphics are all maxed out specially the latter game.
Much better then I thought it was going to be like.I would definitely recommend these games for anyone who hasn't tried it or for people like me who has kids.

If you liked the story, and want to see it finished, get the 2 story dlc's.