Please Help, Gamming Lagg for EQ2, Posible Graphics problem?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 8, 2013
Usually any software that has the word 'optimizer' in it will do nothing but bog down your system.

You should get the program called FRAPS and run it while you are playing games. If the number goes under 30, you need to lower the game's graphics settings or get a better video card.

What game is this?

Thank you sobe88 and Ketchup for joining this forum, The Game is Everquest 2, I Will install fraps and delete the other 2 items aswell as i am working on to disabling the stuff running but i wish they was a website saying "this is what yoyur PC Needs to run" + this for antivirus, the rest uncheck.

My motherboard is a 2.0 x16 and the cards you are all saying are 3.0 is that ok? or it does not matter? Here are the PC specs again form CPUid

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2693875

ArmyVet88

Feb 13, 2013
Video card man. Youd be amazed. You have great RAM, 8 cores (when games are still coded for 2 cores. Video card is a big killer man. Im running a GTX660 (Non TI) and on a quad core. Runs soo smooth.

Feb 8, 2013
Video card man. Youd be amazed. You have great RAM, 8 cores (when games are still coded for 2 cores. Video card is a big killer man. Im running a GTX660 (Non TI) and on a quad core. Runs soo smooth.

damn it man, this is a money pit, lol I am loosing my wits end over this

ArmyVet88

Feb 13, 2013
HAHA tis the world of computer technology. I was just a dumb Army Grunt who woke up a couple months ago and realized i love computers. Best of luck tho. Remember when building a PC for gaming, video card and processor is the rule of thumb. You can have all the memory in the world. If you dont have the processor or the video card you are going to bottleneck your system. You have everything but a video card so its a simple fix for you brother man. Happy hunting man :)

sobe88

Feb 11, 2013
Yep, just upgrade the video card and enjoy your games. It's not a money pit if you set yourself up with a higher end setup to start with, that way at least it lasts a while and possibly only need to later on upgrade video. Then again, you could upgrade every year or so and it gets pricey xD

Feb 8, 2013
when you install the driver do you select the recommended install! or advance setting! in advance setting there is a option box to perform a clean install.

Hey Denis, and everyone else looking in to this problem, ....i started to realized that after i did a FREASH/CLEAN Driver install the game would run 100% no choppyness on even Very High Quilaty with a frame rate of 20-30
Which coused no choppy events in the game, But once I rebooted the computer and played the game it would go back to being choppy.... as if the driver was not sticking after the reboot. Even if i would to just upgrade the driver it would work perfect again. so now my true question is HOW am i going to get the driver to stick or me not install the driver every damn time i reboot just to get perfect graphics...

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Hey Denis, and everyone else looking in to this problem, ....i started to realized that after i did a FREASH/CLEAN Driver install the game would run 100% no choppyness on even Very High Quilaty with a frame rate of 20-30
Which coused no choppy events in the game, But once I rebooted the computer and played the game it would go back to being choppy....

Have you noticed other things on the computer get slower after a reboot, or just the game?

Feb 8, 2013
Have you noticed other things on the computer get slower after a reboot, or just the game?

I have not really noticed anything else getting slower took me a few days just to realize how it affected the game play, but as far as i know its just the game, possible black ops too but i will have to try that later aswell, but im like 95% sure its somethign with just the video card driver/ conflict after rebooting with drive something has to be doing this.

denis280

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2011
Hey Denis, and everyone else looking in to this problem, ....i started to realized that after i did a FREASH/CLEAN Driver install the game would run 100% no choppyness on even Very High Quilaty with a frame rate of 20-30 Which coused no choppy events in the game, But once I rebooted the computer and played the game it would go back to being choppy
Is the card in properly?and just to make sure do you have Ccleaner.if you dont you should get it.the free one.( could be some old registry keys causing conflict.)

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2013
Is the card in properly?and just to make sure do you have Ccleaner.if you dont you should get it.the free one.( could be some old registry keys causing conflict.)

The tech him self put in the new video card but I will double check when I get home, and I will download ccleaner to ruin after I check the card.

Feb 8, 2013

I went ahead and pushed the card in and made sure everything was tight fit. also downloaded CCleaner and ran and fixed all problems, still doing the wonderful resetting drivers

denis280

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2011
Hey .i started to realized that after i did a FREASH/CLEAN Driver install the game would run 100% no choppyness on even Very High Quilaty with a frame rate of 20-30 Which coused no choppy events in the game, But once I rebooted the computer and played the game it would go back to being choppy.... as if the driver was not sticking after the reboot. Even if i would to just upgrade the driver it would work perfect again. so now my true question is HOW am i going to get the driver to stick or me not install the driver every damn time i reboot just to get perfect graphics...
This is weird!one question.did you use the motherboard cd for installing drivers.

denis280

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2011
in device manager the sound driver is it ( HD Audio (Realtek ALC662 Audio Codec),and network adapter(Gigabit LAN) if not pop in the cd and install

Feb 8, 2013
in device manager the sound driver is it ( HD Audio (Realtek ALC662 Audio Codec),and network adapter(Gigabit LAN) if not pop in the cd and install

in the sound, video and game controllers is

Asus virtual PCI Video Capture Device driver -my last Video care was an asus so i dont know why this is in there

Cmedia PCI Audio Device
Nvidia H D Audio
Nvidia H D Audio
Nvidia H D Audio
Nvidia H D Audio

And the network adapter
is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

denis280

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2011
You do have a very bad system drivers conflict.if anyone got a better way to solve this. be my guest.the best i can tell you is format.and do a fresh install.and this time dont forget to download the nvidia drivers from Nvidia.and always clean install.PS you could try removing asus virtual before and see.

Feb 8, 2013
You do have a very bad system drivers conflict.if anyone got a better way to solve this. be my guest.the best i can tell you is format.and do a fresh install.and this time dont forget to download the nvidia drivers from Nvidia.and always clean install.PS you could try removing asus virtual before and see.

I truly thank you for all the advice mate, i can not begin to thank you enough, i will try to remove the drivers and see what it does if anything, and if still no luck i will do a fresh install, i will post back to lets you know my findings

Feb 8, 2013

I went ahead and removed everything i seen of asus, and then install othe newer drivers as a fresh install, still same problem, i am going to do a fresh install as of now, what is the correct way after installing windows to set up the drives to make sure no conflicts happen?
MB Drivers 1st
Then video card Drivers
Then Sound card
Then updates?

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
I went ahead and removed everything i seen of asus, and then install othe newer drivers as a fresh install, still same problem, i am going to do a fresh install as of now, what is the correct way after installing windows to set up the drives to make sure no conflicts happen?
MB Drivers 1st
Then video card Drivers
Then Sound card
Then updates?

Your order looks fine, and in all honesty shouldn't matter much. Conflicts are almost a thing of the past from what I have seen, but when you build it yourself anything is possible.

Feb 8, 2013
No one is perfect.and its normal to try.and this time don't put any optimiser and stuff like this. and good luck:thumbsup:

well after the install everything worked out pretty good so far I loaded up the game with no problems I even restarted computer and went back into the game load up perfectso all in all I hope this is the end of my problem and I would like to thank all of you for helpingmeso in conclusion this was all a driver error. Or driver conflict

denis280

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2011
well after the install everything worked out pretty good so far I loaded up the game with no problems I even restarted computer and went back into the game load up perfectso all in all I hope this is the end of my problem and I would like to thank all of you for helpingmeso in conclusion this was all a driver error. Or driver conflict
Great! glad you got it all working.;)