Please give link19 a vacation

Smilin

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
A quick search of all his posts will reveal why.

He is annoying every veteran in the OS forums.

edit:typo

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
examples given.

Look like he's a little angry fanatic with nothing better to do. Vote for ban.

stash

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2000
Um, wow.

Here ya go.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=34&threadid=1884807&enterthread=y
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=34&threadid=1904897&enterthread=y
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=34&threadid=1822363&enterthread=y
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=34&threadid=1861292&enterthread=y
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=34&threadid=1871503&enterthread=y

He contributes nothing to forum other than to crap all over a thread the moment he sees the words 'Windows 9x'. It's fine to have an opinion about something, and many people probably share it, but his incessant ranting on the subject became tiring awhile ago.

jlbenedict

Banned
Jul 10, 2005
:thumbsup:

Oh my fvckin god!! This is such a POS thread..!!!

:D
On a serious note.. a nice long vacation would suffice.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
Originally posted by: Aflac

Very helpful.

If you can't be bothered to post some examples, we won't be bothered to provide input.

who are you again? the new wannabe FI moderator? seriously. anyone who has been into the OS forum knows this kid is beyond vacation time. smilin has been around long enough he doesn't need you telling him how to make a post. and who were you before you were banned again?

who the hell is asking for your input anyway? i believe this would be for the mods, not some kid putting his nose into every FI post.

kobymu

Mar 21, 2005
Yeah, that kid need a good slap on the wrist, and maybe a scary look from the mean mod, he's one of those harmless yet EXTREMELY anniong little trolls (at least thats the visual i get when i see his alias).

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: fisher

Very helpful.

If you can't be bothered to post some examples, we won't be bothered to provide input.

who are you again? the new wannabe FI moderator? seriously. anyone who has been into the OS forum knows this kid is beyond vacation time. smilin has been around long enough he doesn't need you telling him how to make a post. and who were you before you were banned again?

who the hell is asking for your input anyway? i believe this would be for the mods, not some kid putting his nose into every FI post.

If you're gonna post it in FI, it means you're asking for input, or you want everyone to see. If you didn't want any input on it, why not just PM the moderators? FI isn't supposed to be regularly moderated anyway.

Jun 4, 2005

Not everyone's a lazy POS. Maybe he feels like helping so that the mods don't have to waste any of their time looking around for posts so they can babysitt us.

Get off your fvcking pedestle. Let the mods handle the juniors if they see it as a problem.

Smilin

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002

Very helpful.

I didn't ask for YOUR input anyway so if you don't provide any I won't mind.

Have a great day :)

Sunner

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm torn about this.
On one hand, I find his posts strangely addictive, and sort of comical in some way.
On the other hand, I suspect that #1 is similar to the way I feel when watching something really grousome.
I know it's disgusting, dispicable, and just all around bad, but I can't stop looking.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
That guy really, really hates Windows 98. I wonder if a Win98 developer banged his girlfriend/mom or something.

firewall

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2001
Originally posted by: yllus
That guy really, really hates Windows 98. I wonder if a Win98 developer banged his girlfriend/mom or something.

And he's banging Windows 98/ME in return? :confused:

:laugh:

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
Originally posted by: LoKe

Not everyone's a lazy POS. Maybe he feels like helping so that the mods don't have to waste any of their time looking around for posts so they can babysitt us.

Get off you're fvcking pedestle. Let the mods handle the juniors if they see it as a problem.

you're one of the problems. so please keep your two cents to yourself. you punk kids who come on here and infest OT and then decide you run the forums are getting so past annoying. where is the ban on this kid for getting around the swear filter anyway?

i don't need a babysitter, i'm sorry you feel that you do. i realize that you can't nef in just OT all day, but i can't imagine why you people feel the need to nef in FI as well. at least leave one forum in peace.

oh yeah, it's your pedestal, get off you are pedestal. learn some grammar. i don't expect you to be able to spell, but at least learn the difference between your and you're.

Jun 4, 2005
While this isn't the place, I feel I should defend myself at least once before I let you get back to trolling.

you're one of the problems. so please keep your two cents to yourself. you punk kids who come on here and infest OT and then decide you run the forums are getting so past annoying.
Let your nostalgia go, this place has changed and you're going ot have to live with it. New members are joining every day and you can't troll them all. Give it up.

oh yeah, it's your pedestal, get off you are pedestal. learn some grammar. i don't expect you to be able to spell, but at least learn the difference between your and you're.

Ooohhh, you caught a mistake! Congratulations, but I guarantee my spelling and grammar are much better than yours. Should I note your lack of capitalization?

Hypocrite.

I'm done arguing here. If you want to continue this, send me a PM.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
Originally posted by: LoKe
While this isn't the place, I feel I should defend myself at least once before I let you get back to trolling.

you're one of the problems. so please keep your two cents to yourself. you punk kids who come on here and infest OT and then decide you run the forums are getting so past annoying.
Let your nostalgia go, this place has changed and you're going ot have to live with it. New members are joining every day and you can't troll them all. Give it up.

Ooohhh, you caught a mistake! Congratulations, but I guarantee my spelling and grammar are much better than yours. Should I note your lack of capitalization?

Hypocrite.

I'm done arguing here. If you want to continue this, send me a PM.

yes, because not hitting the shift key is just like your inability to distinguish between your and you're. or spell pedestal. good catch! unfortunately this place has changed, and for the most part it's been for the worse. OT has attracted a certain element that has pretty much dragged every other forum down with flame wars and garbage posting. and as for trolling, i'm fairly certain that unless you have two accounts i wasn't even speaking to you in the first place.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000

Very helpful.

If you're gonna post it in FI, it means you're asking for input, or you want everyone to see. If you didn't want any input on it, why not just PM the moderators? FI isn't supposed to be regularly moderated anyway.

i can assure you that no one is asking for your input. we have oldsmoboat to pre-moderate this forum, and one oldsmoboat is more than enough!

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Leave the poor guy go. Win98 killed his parents, and WinME drove the escape car when Win98SE robbed Link's house. He's really had a tough time with the 9x OSes.

Aluvus

Platinum Member
Apr 27, 2006
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Leave the poor guy go. Win98 killed his parents, and WinME drove the escape car when Win98SE robbed Link's house. He's really had a tough time with the 9x OSes.

You forgot... Win95 laundered the money afterward.