playing around with a nylon stringed classical guitar

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
I generally like playing heavy metal stuff on guitar, but my dad let me borrow his classical guitar so I've been playing around with it. I really like it! The tonal and textural differences really inspired me to play differently..

I posted a little jam I did a few nights ago if anybody wants to listen. its only about 2 minutes.

link - listen to nylon strings

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
hmm yes i have electric acoustic and clasical, its different and the neck feels much shorter. Plus you cant really get it that loud but it is pretty fun, very different tone too.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Classical guitars are relaxing to play because they're not so rough on the fingers. Also, the fret board is usually wider, so it's a bit easier to be accurate. You really learn to bridge your thumb on the back of the neck :)

I haven't had a classical guitar in 10 years. I might pick one up though if it's decent/cheap enough.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Classical guitars are relaxing to play because they're not so rough on the fingers. Also, the fret board is usually wider, so it's a bit easier to be accurate. You really learn to bridge your thumb on the back of the neck :)

I haven't had a classical guitar in 10 years. I might pick one up though if it's decent/cheap enough.

I've completely fallen in love with it, honestly. My dad's classical is just a basic $300 Ibanez, but it has the classical style, wide neck and nylon strings. I can put myself to sleep playing it.

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Nice! I've been wanting to pick up a nice classic guitar. You definately play differently when you play nylon strings. Had a listen, sounds good :) A "hint" of gear jelousy I'm feeling about now I am.