PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ScottAD

Jan 10, 2007
They removed the stun nade this patch because of that issue.

Did I went to throw a frag made out a window tonight and it bounced off the damn glass back in the room and killed me. I threw nades through glass before, so this really pissed me off. The guy I was attacking got some decent gear off my dead body.
Sucks the glass protects from 1 bullet which is the dumbest thing.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Sucks the glass protects from 1 bullet which is the dumbest thing.

It's a reasonable limitation in lieu of advanced ballistics and physics processing. Bullets actually do deflect in real life when shooting through glass or other light barriers. In fact, there is special issue ammunition for law enforcement and military specifically designed to be barrier blind to reduce bullet yaw and deflection. Example: MK318 MOD 0.

5.56 NATO ammunition as used in M16/M4, HK416, SCAR-16, etc is especially vulnerable to this because of its light projectile weight.

ScottAD

Jan 10, 2007
It's a reasonable limitation in lieu of advanced ballistics and physics processing. Bullets actually do deflect in real life when shooting through glass or other light barriers. In fact, there is special issue ammunition for law enforcement and military specifically designed to be barrier blind to reduce bullet yaw and deflection. Example: MK318 MOD 0.

5.56 NATO ammunition as used in M16/M4, HK416, SCAR-16, etc is especially vulnerable to this because of its light projectile weight.
Totally understand that but the bullet just dies, so I've just decided if I'm holing up in a house while circle comes in I melee a few to mitigate it

ConstParam

Apr 26, 2017
Oh please, please, please let there be a bicycle :) Yeah, I know, odds are about 0.001%. Could be fun though.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I get ridiculus amounts of lag 1080p with a gtx780. Also, shooting at someone that throws off the red splash indicating you have hit something multiple times only to get "kill points:4". Also, not getting all sounds, ie. door opens behind me. And there is defn. hacks running around, a little googling will also get you to the product. Sad. I want that post-kill video like CS:GO and oversight to keep the cheaters out.

ScottAD

Jan 10, 2007
I get ridiculus amounts of lag 1080p with a gtx780. Also, shooting at someone that throws off the red splash indicating you have hit something multiple times only to get "kill points:4". Also, not getting all sounds, ie. door opens behind me. And there is defn. hacks running around, a little googling will also get you to the product. Sad. I want that post-kill video like CS:GO and oversight to keep the cheaters out.

In time, they banned a ton of folks recently. Sadly I cannot play right now, my 480 decided it wanted to be hot as the sun and died. CAM said it was 511C I just lol'ed....

So when my RMA comes I can play again but before it died I did get a sweet shotgun only win in solo.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
how are you lagging with a 480? Getting up close and blasting that shotgun do you lag alot?

ScottAD

Jan 10, 2007
how are you lagging with a 480? Getting up close and blasting that shotgun do you lag alot?

The only time I get hiccups is the first parachute in. Sometimes it has been abysmal, the update helped that a bit. The only other time I lag is stun grenades. I can throw them off a mountain but when they blow up I lag something fierce for 3 or 4 seconds then I'm good.

BlitzPuppet

Platinum Member
Feb 4, 2012
I'm still resisting getting this game. While in the past I would probably jump on it, I really don't think I'd find it at all fun anymore in the long run an would grow tired of it quickly.

What's the end game/long term of this game? Are there any stats or is it pure deathmatch that is reset every game?

Miklebud

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
I'm still resisting getting this game. While in the past I would probably jump on it, I really don't think I'd find it at all fun anymore in the long run an would grow tired of it quickly.

What's the end game/long term of this game? Are there any stats or is it pure deathmatch that is reset every game?

I was hesitant at first, but 200 hours later - I still love this game. It's exciting EVERY round. There are persistent stats and leaderboards, but get reset every month. If you have a group of friends to play with, it is even more fun. I've absolutely gotten my $30 worth out of this game. And I've sold a few cosmetics on the Steam Marketplace to negate some of that cost. I really recommend this game!

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Yea, this game is a hoot ... and teaming up with randoms for a squad of 4 can go SO many ways. Best game I've bought in .. 10 years .. and this is just this basic game mode and the same island, with upcoming game modes etc will just ... Hell yea.

BlitzPuppet

Platinum Member
Feb 4, 2012
I was hesitant at first, but 200 hours later - I still love this game. It's exciting EVERY round. There are persistent stats and leaderboards, but get reset every month. If you have a group of friends to play with, it is even more fun. I've absolutely gotten my $30 worth out of this game. And I've sold a few cosmetics on the Steam Marketplace to negate some of that cost. I really recommend this game!

Thanks for the reply, but the more I research the more I still believe that this game isn't for me...no matter how many of my friends got sucked in.

Deathmatch with weapon/item scavenging just doesn't appeal to me anymore sadly :(

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
Just purchased the game and have about 10 hours in. Game is pretty decent for 30 bucks and it is fun to play in a decent squad. I have been TK'd more than I would like simply to steal my weapons...

Anyone wants to play some night add me on steam "talktolee"

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Just purchased the game and have about 10 hours in. Game is pretty decent for 30 bucks and it is fun to play in a decent squad. I have been TK'd more than I would like simply to steal my weapons...

Anyone wants to play some night add me on steam "talktolee"
Will do.
What server do you play on? I never get TK'ed .. not on purpose anyway, I've TKed a few myself by accident, that happens (like in a moving vehicle and shooting 180degrees into your own group.. ooouups). I have had some russian and chinese pregroups(discord) not give a * and let me die in enemy fire though...

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Add me to the list of people hooked on this game. I 100% agree you need to play with friends and "drop in" squad and duos are horrible.

Steam id is udt89

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Woohoo! after 77 hours, I finally got my first solo chicken dinner! 5 kills too.
4 left in the last circle and there was 2 buildings inside it, a hut and a yellow single story house.
I was behind the hut, I think a guy was inside the hut and 1 guy in the house. not sure where the 3rd guy was. I had no frag grenades which sucked. Came down to the end where the circle just completely closes. right before that I heard shooting so I assumed 1 guy died. another must have died to the zone as it only sounded like 2 guns shooting. i boosted up to full and started to the yellow house and I saw the guy through the window and shot him, lol.i was like half health at that point due to the circle.

Reactions: UDT89

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
How did this game ever blow up to become the most popular game on the planet beating DOTA and charging $30-$40 for a copy?

Too bad hackers are rampant as usual. What's the point of playing any multiplayer game nowadays when people are willing to pay for hacks. Fuck the mentality of today's gamers willing to pay for hacks.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
How did this game ever blow up to become the most popular game on the planet beating DOTA and charging $30-$40 for a copy?

Too bad hackers are rampant as usual. What's the point of playing any multiplayer game nowadays when people are willing to pay for hacks. Fuck the mentality of today's gamers willing to pay for hacks.

I keep hearing this, but I've yet to have an encounter where I thought someone was hacking. Have I just been getting lucky?

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007

There's plenty of utilities out there for people to use that give free hacks, but those are usually easily detectable and used by kids. The rest... well, you can't have any multiplayer game without someone trying to gain the upper hand through illegitimate means. That's just a fact of life.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I've had 1 or 2 games where I thought someone might be cheating, but it's near impossible to tell since it's an early access game and has lots of issues still.

I mean, there's still a bug that doesn't render buildings and you can see and shoot inside the buildings. that's been around forever!